Bradley Gets Another Forward

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby tribecalledquest » May 12th, 2011, 1:50 pm

Cool name anyway.

Shayok Shayok. 6-6 forward originally from Canada who played at IMG Academy last year. Had offers from Bradley, Texas Tech, Detroit (his sister plays there) and Valpo. Here is the info on him:

Shayok Shayok Signs with Bradley Basketball
Courtesy BradleyBraves.com
Thu, May 12, 2011

PEORIA, Ill. - Bradley head coach Geno Ford has added a fifth recruit to the team's 2011 recruiting class today, announcing that 6-foot-6 Canadian forward Shayok Shayok has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Bradley University and play basketball for the Braves in 2011-12.

"I am thrilled Shayok has become part of the Bradley family," Ford said. "He is a very talented basketball player, but he also is a person of high character and a very good student. He fills an immediate need for our program and he should compete for playing time immediately."

One of the top-rated small forwards in the country, Shayok (pronounced SHE - ock) will come to Bradley from IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where he averaged 18 points and 10 rebounds per game during the 2010-11 prep school season. He chose the Braves over Texas Tech, Detroit and Valparaiso.

"I have talked a lot with both Coach Ford and Coach (Willie) Scott," said Shayok, "and I think they will really help me improve my game. It is good to be around good coaches and I am excited to be part of the Bradley family.

"I really like the school and also feel it will be a good place for me academically," Shayok added. "It is a good academic university and I think it will be a good fit for me because of the people at the school."

Shayok is originally from Ottawa, Ontario, where he attended St. Patrick's High School through the 2008-09 school year. During his junior season, he led his team in scoring in 18 games, including a team season-high 35 points against Sir Robert Borden in the final game of the Clint Dunning Memorial Tournament at the University of Ottawa and with 16-point efforts in each of St. Patrick's two postseason playoff games.

Following his junior season, Shayok moved to Chicago and graduated in 2010 from Julian High School, where he was a classmate of Bradley sophomore guard Walt Lemon, Jr., but did not play for the Jaguars. He played on the AAU circuit for the Chicago Mean Streets.

Shayock joins a recruiting class that includes four other freshmen: combo guard Jalen Crawford (Detroit, Mich./Oak Park H.S./Impact Academy); forward Devon Hodges (Bolingbrook, Ill./Bolingbrook H.S.); point guard Donivine Stewart (Peoria, Ill./Limestone H.S.); and 7-foot-1 center Nate Wells (Davenport, Iowa/West H.S.).
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting