Another Nigerian headed to Wichita?

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby RoyalShock » July 5th, 2011, 12:34 pm

There are some rumors that 6-11 Henry Uwadiae (2012) has accepted an offer from WSU after attending their elite camp in June. He sounds somewhat similar to Ehimen Orukpe in that he's very raw, but is apparently a quick study. Played at Findlay Prep in Vegas as a soph. Not sure where he was last year. It's thought he may have transferred back east.

No official word, though it's said his facebook page has some WSU graphics on it. So who knows. Maybe our beat writer will make some phone calls soon to see if the rumors are true.

Credit for tracking down this info goes to the amazing recruiting info aggregator tropicalshox!
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Another Nigerian headed to Wichita?

Postby RoyalShock » July 5th, 2011, 8:56 pm

Our beat writer called Uwadiae's high school coach and confirmed the commitment. It will be interesting to see how he develops this year and if he ends up having a bigger impact than Ehimen Orupke. Though EO has two more seasons to show what he can do.
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby bigdawg » July 5th, 2011, 9:02 pm

It took me a while to find it, but I did. Does this guy have the potential to be a lottery pick as well?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=318&p=4329&hilit=lottery#p4329

Aargh wrote:Orukpe is progressing faster than the coaches expected and faster than most fans could have hoped for. 11 boards in 16 minutes and it was nearly humorous to watch players trying to take it to the hoop against him. It was something like 1/6 against Orukpe from 5' or closer. He's looking like he will be able to contribute this year, which is a bit of a surprise. He's miles ahead of where he was a year ago. It's looking like WSU will get two good years out of him (2011 and 2012). If he can keep progressing at the rate he has since getting to WSU, he has the capability to absolutely terrorize opponents next year. He'll probably never get his offensive game going during his time at WSU. He's got the potential to be a lottery pick. It all depends on his continued progress. He's the most athletic "really big guy" I've seen in following Valley games for 40+ years.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby RoyalShock » July 6th, 2011, 7:01 am

RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby ictjay » July 6th, 2011, 7:10 am

RoyalShock wrote:There are some rumors that 6-11 Henry Uwadiae (2012) has accepted an offer from WSU after attending their elite camp in June. He sounds somewhat similar to Ehimen Orukpe in that he's very raw, but is apparently a quick study. Played at Findlay Prep in Vegas as a soph. Not sure where he was last year. It's thought he may have transferred back east.

No official word, though it's said his facebook page has some WSU graphics on it. So who knows. Maybe our beat writer will make some phone calls soon to see if the rumors are true.

Credit for tracking down this info goes to the amazing recruiting info aggregator tropicalshox!

Gregg is walking a tightrope in my opinion. Juco's with 1 year eligibility and project centers eat up schollies. If it works out he will look like a genius.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Haha » July 6th, 2011, 7:31 am

ictjay wrote:
RoyalShock wrote:There are some rumors that 6-11 Henry Uwadiae (2012) has accepted an offer from WSU after attending their elite camp in June. He sounds somewhat similar to Ehimen Orukpe in that he's very raw, but is apparently a quick study. Played at Findlay Prep in Vegas as a soph. Not sure where he was last year. It's thought he may have transferred back east.

Gregg is walking a tightrope in my opinion. Juco's with 1 year eligibility and project centers eat up schollies. If it works out he will look like a genius.

Which JUCO transfer has only one year of eligibility?
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 6th, 2011, 7:55 am

Haha wrote:
ictjay wrote:

Which JUCO transfer has only one year of eligibility?

I suspect he meant transfers, not JUCOs. I also suspect he was talking about Armstead.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » July 6th, 2011, 7:57 am

My bad. Correct!
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby SubGod22 » July 6th, 2011, 9:45 am

Armstead serves a purpose. A solid SR PG will be nice while FVV and Cotton get their feet wet and figure things out. Sometimes you have to take some chances with big guys. The more polished bigs go the BcS schools for the most part. Henry looked just fine at the Elite Camp a few weeks back. I assume he'll RS next season. Which will work out just fine if we bring in another big (Ellis) or two.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Pinkie » July 8th, 2011, 8:14 pm

Project. I don't imagine he will impact the valley for years if ever.
Pinkie
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting