Boozer to Wichita State

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Boozer to Wichita State

Postby bigdawg » September 7th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Carlos Boozer's brother who got kicked out of Iowa State is apparently transferring to Wichita State.
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Boozer to Wichita State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Boozer to Wichita State

Postby SubGod22 » September 7th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Haven't seen details yet, but he'd better not be getting a scholarship as I don't see him bringing anything to the team and would just be taking a spot away from a more valuable youngster.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby valleychamp » September 7th, 2010, 1:44 pm

Marginal player with only 1 year of eligibility left. Weird.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » September 7th, 2010, 1:50 pm

He's a guy with quite a bit of experience and some size to him. If we had a slot for him I wouldn't mind having him on the Panther's squad. Not saying he would be (or will be in WSU's case) a key member of the team, but he's a decent role player. We all need those.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby jayball » September 7th, 2010, 3:13 pm

We all need role players but we all don't need one year backups with baggage.......Marshall must see some benefit to allow this to happen but it does seem odd to bring in a guy like this when there are a lot of good pieces in place and WSU seems to be poised for a nice year.

But hey what do I know I thought it was a bad idea to keep Stinnett around for three years and look how that turned out.....we still kept that postseason streak alive. Sometimes coaches do know best.
jayball
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby DUBulldog » September 7th, 2010, 3:40 pm

I guess it all depends if he's on scholarship, or not. If he isn't, well, WSU has nothing to lose. If he is....well, it would seem strange to use a scholarship for 2 seasons (redshirt year + senior year) on a player who can only play 1, unless that guy is an obvious difference maker. Boozer's a decent player, but I don't see him as a difference maker.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby RoyalShock » September 8th, 2010, 12:13 pm

According to WSU's beat writer who contacted the admissions office, Boozer applied for admission but was not approved. Not sure if that means he was actually denied admittance or if his application hasn't been processed yet. The implication is that he was denied.

http://blogs.kansas.com/shockwaves/2010 ... es-boozer/
RoyalShock
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting