2011, IlSU, Johnny Hill, 6'3 2G, Chicago area

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby 45otseoj » September 8th, 2010, 10:32 am

His verbal is old news, but the Chicago Sun-Times just updated their Class of 2011 rankings for the state of Illinois...
http://blogs.suntimes.com/hoopsreport/2 ... _clas.html
13. Johnny Hill, 6-3, 2G, Lombard (Glenbard East) ... Put together a very solid summer playing with his high school team and with the Rising Stars on the traveling circuit. He glides in the open court and in getting to the basket off the bounce, while possessing a soft touch and improved jumper. Although he has a ways to go physically, he's an active and athletic player whose passing ability and winning mentality is overlooked.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2011, IlSU, Johnny Hill, 6'3 2G, Chicago area

Postby tribecalledquest » September 9th, 2010, 1:23 pm

Thanks 45. So much talent in the Chicago area.

Bradley has a commit from #25 on the list, PG Donivine Stewart from the Peoria area. Every report reads the same. Not overly athletic. Mature. Good point guard. Solid. I know the Braves are also recruiting #26 Quienten Chevious. Not sure how serious all of that is.

For reference...Chicagohoops.com has Stewart #22 in the state and Hill #28.

My point is--I think almost all the MVC schools are recruiting the same type of kid. Its just development and sometimes luck how the kid turns out. Recruiting is anything but exact.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: 2011, IlSU, Johnny Hill, 6'3 2G, Chicago area

Postby 45otseoj » September 9th, 2010, 3:36 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Thanks 45. So much talent in the Chicago area.

Bradley has a commit from #25 on the list, PG Donivine Stewart from the Peoria area. Every report reads the same. Not overly athletic. Mature. Good point guard. Solid. I know the Braves are also recruiting #26 Quienten Chevious. Not sure how serious all of that is.

For reference...Chicagohoops.com has Stewart #22 in the state and Hill #28.

My point is--I think almost all the MVC schools are recruiting the same type of kid. Its just development and sometimes luck how the kid turns out. Recruiting is anything but exact.

I know Stewart personally. While I don't know how high his basketball ceiling is, I'd say you couldn't recruit a better kid with a better work ethic. Truly an example to all the other kids in the Peoria area trying to play at the D-1 level.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting