Deontae Hawkins - PF 2012

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Deontae Hawkins - PF 2012

Postby Aargh » October 26th, 2012, 10:43 pm

I don't have the link right now, but Hawkins says WSU is no longer involved. That's pretty much confirmed by the Shox signing Shaquille Morris with the scholarship that would have gone to Hawkins.

As a WSU homer, I think I know who was first to cut the connection, but there's nothing to support which side cut ties first.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » November 5th, 2012, 3:41 pm

Aargh wrote:I don't have the link right now, but Hawkins says WSU is no longer involved. That's pretty much confirmed by the Shox signing Shaquille Morris with the scholarship that would have gone to Hawkins.

As a WSU homer, I think I know who was first to cut the connection, but there's nothing to support which side cut ties first.

I think he probably has a little bit of that "P'Allen Me First" stuff in him.

The Shockers spent a lot resources on him, including his current placement, and with his willing participation and he says, "WSU is no longer involved."
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LMS » November 5th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
Aargh wrote:I don't have the link right now, but Hawkins says WSU is no longer involved. That's pretty much confirmed by the Shox signing Shaquille Morris with the scholarship that would have gone to Hawkins.

The Shockers spent a lot resources on him, including his current placement, and with his willing participation and he says, "WSU is no longer involved."

I think most CU fans felt he would have ended up here if he made grades. It's too bad that WSU lost him because he sure could be a very good player.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » November 5th, 2012, 5:41 pm

LMS wrote:
Ricardo del Rio wrote:

I think most CU fans felt he would have ended up here if he made grades. It's too bad that WSU lost him because he sure could be a very good player.

Anyone who ends up with him will have a "Good Luck with that" type of situation. I wish he would have ended up with the BJays.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » April 10th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Bump.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Red » April 12th, 2013, 1:14 pm

This will be a huge signee for Muller if he gets Teddy.
Red
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » April 13th, 2013, 12:26 am

Red wrote:This will be a huge signee for Muller if he gets Teddy.

I don't think that anyone will disupute the fact that Hawkins is a very talented player.

However, his character and eligibility is in question. After leaving Quakerdale, how is going to get eligible to play? He has to graduate from high school with a grade point average, and test scores that are improved or he has to go to a junior college and graduate. My question is what is he doing now to accomplish his eligibility?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » June 4th, 2013, 1:28 pm

Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » June 4th, 2013, 5:10 pm

Well THAT's big news! Is he qualified? Do you have enough scholarships for him? If he plays for the Redbirds, Gregg Marshall is going to be really pissed!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » June 4th, 2013, 7:03 pm

Wufan wrote:Well THAT's big news! Is he qualified? Do you have enough scholarships for him? If he plays for the Redbirds, Gregg Marshall is going to be really pissed!

Right now: no, no, and most definitely yes.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting