Austin Chatman - 2011 PG - Colorado, Wichita St, Creighton

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Austin Chatman - 2011 PG - Colorado, Wichita St, Creight

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 19th, 2010, 2:30 pm

I admit I want Chatman to be a Shocker. With that said, I guess I can understand if he doesn't want to ride the bench and probably redshirt for a year in Wichita while he will probably get a chance to earn plenty of minutes in Omaha. With guards like Murry, Kyles, Williams, Ragland...etc there wouldn't be much time for him next year.

Plus, I am sure many coaches are saying that Marshall won't be in Wichita much longer. Since McDermott already failed miserably at the BCS level I am sure it's comforting knowing that there is no way he is going anywhere for a while.

Hard to compete with all the bluejay fans that link Chatman in their tweets about him....

Now if Chatman wants to compete on a real team who will be competing at a high level...then he will be a Shocker and it won't matter ;). Think long term Chatman. This team could be yours in a couple of years!
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ictjay » September 19th, 2010, 5:12 pm

Shockerfan13 wrote:I admit I want Chatman to be a Shocker. With that said, I guess I can understand if he doesn't want to ride the bench and probably redshirt for a year in Wichita while he will probably get a chance to earn plenty of minutes in Omaha. With guards like Murry, Kyles, Williams, Ragland...etc there wouldn't be much time for him next year.

Plus, I am sure many coaches are saying that Marshall won't be in Wichita much longer. Since McDermott already failed miserably at the BCS level I am sure it's comforting knowing that there is no way he is going anywhere for a while.

Hard to compete with all the bluejay fans that link Chatman in their tweets about him....

Now if Chatman wants to compete on a real team who will be competing at a high level...then he will be a Shocker and it won't matter ;). Think long term Chatman. This team could be yours in a couple of years!

Appears the Marshall leaving "phobia" is one of those Wichita insecurity things. There is no conspiracy. Wn first, then worry about it.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shockerfan13 » September 19th, 2010, 6:03 pm

ictjay wrote:
Shockerfan13 wrote:I admit I want Chatman to be a Shocker. With that said, I guess I can understand if he doesn't want to ride the bench and probably redshirt for a year in Wichita while he will probably get a chance to earn plenty of minutes in Omaha. With guards like Murry, Kyles, Williams, Ragland...etc there wouldn't be much time for him next year.

Appears the Marshall leaving "phobia" is one of those Wichita insecurity things. There is no conspiracy. Wn first, then worry about it.

nm...not worth waisting my time....
Shockerfan13
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » September 19th, 2010, 6:19 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!! You just can't make this shat up!!

Thanks!!!!!!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 19th, 2010, 6:47 pm

One particular BJ fan is awfully flaunting. He must have a short-term memory.

Recruiting gurus overvalue things a lot. That's why I don't get into the whole recruiting game too much. Typically, one player is not gonna make or break a season or definitely not a program.

The constant tweeting reports obtained by middle-aged men are, how should I put this nicely..., a little disturbing?
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » September 19th, 2010, 7:06 pm

Good stuff, don't stop!!!
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 19th, 2010, 7:11 pm

IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby WSUbballer » September 19th, 2010, 7:44 pm

45otseoj wrote:baller makes a good point... http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... Bock-88633

Excellent! :lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby LJay » September 19th, 2010, 7:47 pm

Another country heard from, WOOHOO!!

Okay, I'll play along:
http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=8&c=1&nid=1817828
http://rivals.yahoo.com/creighton/basketball/recruiting/player-Greg-Echenique-55300

So what's the point of the guy compiling every stat of every kid who hasn't even signed yet? That Rivals and CU's coaches were wrong about a kid? Correct! Will Rivals be wrong again in the future? Yes! Is the whole recruiting thing fun? Yes!

PS - Robert Goff to Oklahoma confirmed by Eric Bossi.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoValley John » September 19th, 2010, 7:55 pm

45otseoj wrote:baller makes a good point... http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... Bock-88633

Wow!

I saw activity on the recruiting board and I see this! This thread is messed up!

A few points of reality in an otherwize totally effed up thread:

1. 45otseoj makes a great point. Andrew Bock was a bigtime recruit. He amounted to zip. This Chapman kid could become a superstar or amount to zip as well. Why waste a lot of emotion on a high school kid? Talk about losing perspective on life!? I guess if you are completely psycho and out of touch, you may live this crap, but my God!

2. Creighton fans seem to think this kid is nearly locked up. I haven't seen a verbal, so this kind of thread is exactly the type of thread that can bite you in the poop chute. Be careful with your baiting, you may hook yourself. And if this Chapman kid goes to Wichita State, God will it be an ugly food fight! :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. Recruiting against Marshall by telling kids he is going to leave? Seriously? Get a grip Shocker fans, it aint happening, you sound paranoid and dilusional. And if if by chance it is being done, it is having very little effect. These kids know that all coaches are in play, Marshall, Martin, McDermott- all of them. Some are going to move up, some will get fired, some will retire. Any coach being at the same place in four years is a crapshoot. The kids know this and most, if not all of the kids put little stock in that crap. Get over it.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting