Austin Chatman - 2011 PG - Colorado, Wichita St, Creighton

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Austin Chatman - 2011 PG - Colorado, Wichita St, Creight

Postby WSUbballer » September 21st, 2010, 12:10 pm

MacGuyver wrote:
WSUbballer wrote:You gotta wonder if this thread would have hit 4 pages if WSU wasn't involved with this one. It seems some are more excited that this was a "recruiting spurn of WSU" than it was for a kid coming to Creighton....

....says the obsessive WSU fan with the BJC publisher as his avatar. It is a rivalry. I couldn't be happier that we have a guard like Austin in our program, and yes it is better because we stole a recruit you had been hard after for years right under your nose in 3 months.

I think you just proved my point. Thanks! :lol:

MacGuyver wrote:It is a rivalry.

You just made my friggen day!!!!1 :lol: :lol:
Black and Yellow
WSUbballer
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ictjay » September 21st, 2010, 12:35 pm

PS Getting #21, 26 and 48 in the state of Texas is pretty damm good.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » September 21st, 2010, 2:49 pm

ictjay wrote:PS Getting #21, 26 and 48 in the state of Texas is pretty damm good.

Considering that there are hundreds of D-1 quality athletes in the state, there are four BCS teams in Texas and a total of 10 D-1 basketball schools, landing 21,26 and 48 is very, very good. But, recruiting is a funny game and I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in how these kids will develop. A few will, a few won't.

Enjoy the recruiting victorys, they are hard earned. That said, developing the players and winning the games on the court will be much more difficult than the recruiting wars.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby oneNEIGHBOR » September 23rd, 2010, 2:53 pm

Even tho we did not get Chatman we have even better players looking at us.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... onsidering
Go Shockers!
Ready for some basketball!
oneNEIGHBOR
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby 45otseoj » September 23rd, 2010, 3:48 pm

oneNEIGHBOR wrote:Even tho we did not get Chatman we have even better players looking at us.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... onsidering

Recruting isn't a sprint. Double G knows what he's doing.

Like I said before, 6'0 PGs are not something to wave your flag about unless they're receiving national pub.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » September 23rd, 2010, 6:08 pm

So Creighton takes Chatman over Campbell who the next day commits to UTEP and because Rivals says Campbell is #140 in their Top 150 he is a good 6' PG and Chatman is a suspect 6' PG because he is not? Personally, I'll take the CU coaching staff's analysis that they preferred Chatman. Said it before, no one will know for years how their recruits from this year will turn out.

I'm pleased that the CU coaches got the kids that THEY wanted to get. I'm especially pleased that Coach Mac thinks Groselle, the 6'11 kid, may prove to be a monster steal once this season is over.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 23rd, 2010, 6:37 pm

LJay wrote:So Creighton takes Chatman over Campbell who the next day commits to UTEP and because Rivals says Campbell is #140 in their Top 150 he is a good 6' PG and Chatman is a suspect 6' PG because he is not? Personally, I'll take the CU coaching staff's analysis that they preferred Chatman. Said it before, no one will know for years how their recruits from this year will turn out.

They're all suspect. They're recruits. That's the nature of the game.
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » September 23rd, 2010, 6:51 pm

Like I said before, 6'0 PGs are not something to wave your flag about unless they're receiving national pub.

M'thinks you say one thing in one post and then the opposite in another.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 23rd, 2010, 7:38 pm

LJay wrote:

M'thinks you say one thing in one post and then the opposite in another.

Ah, I will try and explain myself.

If a highly touted recruit (4* and 5*) choses your school then go ahead and boast; not because there is a guarantee that he will be a star but because your school scored a major recruiting victory on the national scene.

With that being said, there are NO absolutes. The only guarantee is that there isn't one.

I wouldn't consider anyone in the year's MVC class to be a "highly touted recruit" but some will be stars.

I find it funny that we now have a 5 page thread on a young man who isn't very highly regarded on the national scene (yet).
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LMS » September 23rd, 2010, 8:30 pm

It's 5 pages long because the kid was a pretty visible recruit who spurned one MVC team for another.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting