Remy Abell - 6-4, Combo Guard - Bradley Verbal

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby tribecalledquest » September 16th, 2010, 8:05 am

http://www.bradleyhoops.com/news/x19024 ... ks-Bradley

You can read the article but the basics. 6-4 athletic kid from Kentucky. Plays on a team with two other D1 offers. Supposedly #5 recruit in the state. Final Four schools where Bradley, Wright State, Marshall and Penn State.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Remy Abell - 6-4, Combo Guard - Bradley Verbal

Postby BirdmanBB » September 16th, 2010, 8:19 am

looks like a solid pickup. I heard he is thought of as the front runner for Kentucky's mr basketball. This kid could blow up in his senior season and BU may have gotten a steal when its all said and done. Although it does surprise me that not more big 6 schools were on top of his recruitment.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 16th, 2010, 8:30 am

BirdmanBB wrote:looks like a solid pickup. I heard he is thought of as the front runner for Kentucky's mr basketball. This kid could blow up in his senior season and BU may have gotten a steal when its all said and done. Although it does surprise me that not more big 6 schools were on top of his recruitment.

Ya. Who knows. I know I'm labeled a "hater" but I have learned to be pretty even keel when it comes to recruiting. I, nor anyone on the BradleyFans.com site or any other, really know how this kid compares to all the other guys already committed to MVC schools. Just go to 45's list on this site. Do we know at all how they stack up against each other?

That said--I like this "type" of player. Many of the good teams over the years in the MVC have had the athletic, 6-4, 6-5 combo/swingman type. He looks physically imposing and ready. But until he is on campus a couple years we don't know if it's "good" news or not.

Every team in the league was going to get the full allotment of scholarship players. Some Bradley fans act like if Bradley didn't have the new facility they would go without having any players at all--how did Bradley even get kids before the facility? :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby starshiip » September 16th, 2010, 9:29 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Every team in the league was going to get the full allotment of scholarship players. Some Bradley fans act like if Bradley didn't have the new facility they would go without having any players at all--how did Bradley even get kids before the facility? :)

Agreed...and the new facility (while nice) is for girls sports and mens practice?? What recruit gives a crap about where you practice?? I would think it could be beneficial to practice where you play :shock: That said, Remy should be a nice Valley player, and I think BUB should be the pre-seasn favorite in the Valley this year---and another 4th place finish (or worse) will finish Les.
I was married by a Judge...should have asked for a jury.
starshiip
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby 45otseoj » September 16th, 2010, 9:35 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
BirdmanBB wrote:looks like a solid pickup. I heard he is thought of as the front runner for Kentucky's mr basketball. This kid could blow up in his senior season and BU may have gotten a steal when its all said and done. Although it does surprise me that not more big 6 schools were on top of his recruitment.

Ya. Who knows. I know I'm labeled a "hater" but I have learned to be pretty even keel when it comes to recruiting. I, nor anyone on the BradleyFans.com site or any other, really know how this kid compares to all the other guys already committed to MVC schools. Just go to 45's list on this site. Do we know at all how they stack up against each other?

That said--I like this "type" of player. Many of the good teams over the years in the MVC have had the athletic, 6-4, 6-5 combo/swingman type. He looks physically imposing and ready. But until he is on campus a couple years we don't know if it's "good" news or not.

Every team in the league was going to get the full allotment of scholarship players. Some Bradley fans act like if Bradley didn't have the new facility they would go without having any players at all--how did Bradley even get kids before the facility? :)

Report I have say he's a great kid from someone who spent some time with him on his visit.

As far as how he stacks up on the list; Not rated by ESPN, Rivals 3*, and Scout 2*. I'd expect if/when ESPN gets around to evaluating him he will fall in the 85-89 range. That would make him a top recruit in this year's class. My rankings are flawed because I go off of the ESPN numerical ranking first. Both Bradley recruits are rated high by "star" ratings on Rivals and Scout which I use to break ties in the numerical ratings which neither has yet.

Edit to the above: I just restructured the ratings system to give less emphasis to the ESPN numerical rating and gave more emphasis to average of the 3 ratings.

Congrats to BU! It seems like the rivalry will have stars on both ends for years to come...
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby 45otseoj » September 19th, 2010, 7:13 pm

Hit the books Remy!!!
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting