6-6 SF Jeremy Morgan - 4th UNI commit for 2013

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: 6-6 SF Jeremy Morgan - 4th UNI commit for 2013

Postby Wufan » June 29th, 2012, 5:12 am

Looks like a good one!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DoubleJayAlum » July 1st, 2012, 2:42 pm

How many tattoos does he have?
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: UNI lands 4th 2013 commit

Postby tribecalledquest » July 1st, 2012, 2:48 pm

FreddyMac wrote:This is a great get for UNI. I think he had one of the more impressive highlight vids I've seen. Sometimes I watch those things and don't really see what the fuss is all about but he really showed a lot in that vid.

I would agree. Highlight vids are just that, highlights, but he displayed some skills there for sure. Obviously will need to get a lot stronger/bigger/quicker, but thats true of about every freshman coming into the league.

Here is what I love about UNI and Ben....they find guys they want that fit the system, offer them, and get them. There isnt a concern about who else recruited him, where hes from, etc. If you have a system that works, you recruit to that system instead of just throwing arrows at a dart board.

I think CU and WSU also are doing a great job of this as well. I am hoping Geno Ford follows suit. Find guys that play the way you want to play, have confidence in your ability to judge talent, and go for it.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 1st, 2012, 10:21 pm

DoubleJayAlum wrote:How many tattoos does he have?

Probably not as many as Deon and Marc....

Although Marc's actually have a "real" meaning

Marc Sonnen has tattoos honoring his mother who passed away. He has her portrait and a letter written to her and then on his rib cage he has a letter she wrote to him. “The doctor only gave her a couple weeks to live and she fought really long. She had a seizure on October 13 and she lasted all the way until February 23rd.” “They do it really well,” Sonnen said of the portrait. “I always go to the same guy up in Minnesota, A-1 Tattoo. His name is Mike and he does a really good job. He works with you. He’s doing it because he wants to be able to put his artwork out there. He’s for the person, not just getting the money.”
Andrea Melendez/The DSM Register

Gotta find something to pick on UNI's guys over apparently....It used to be because they were all white and "nonathletic/slow"....now that the second one is no longer the case it is only the tat's.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » July 1st, 2012, 11:08 pm

Deon's have "real meaning" as well I would say. If you ever get the chance to talk with the young man he is very much into his faith and background. The kid loves Texas, he loves his family and he loves his faith. He may have been just a bit overzealous in how much he decided to physically show it. But yes, they pale in comparison to the meaning behind Marc's.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » July 2nd, 2012, 9:02 am

Im curious as to see the heirarchy of tattoos.

I mean, if a guy has tattoos with "meaning" does that make him less-thuggish or a better person than the guy who has tattoos with no meaning at all? Or do we get to rank the "meaningness" of each tattoo and then kind of make our judgements from there?

I don't have a tattoo but don't all tattoos have "meaning" to the person who got them?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » July 2nd, 2012, 9:32 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I don't have a tattoo but don't all tattoos have "meaning" to the person who got them?

You would be surprised. I have a certain family member who seems to show up with a new tattoo every Xmas whose only meaning is, "Oh that ones from tequila....that one rum". I wish I was joking :|

Also, since when does a tattoo mean you're automatically a thug? I have one, of my fraternity's letters, over my heart. I would venture to say I am NOT a thug but I guess that's up to the interpretation of my posting peers and their infallible moral fortitude
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » July 2nd, 2012, 1:26 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I don't have a tattoo but don't all tattoos have "meaning" to the person who got them?

You would be surprised. I have a certain family member who seems to show up with a new tattoo every Xmas whose only meaning is, "Oh that ones from tequila....that one rum". I wish I was joking :|

Also, since when does a tattoo mean you're automatically a thug? I have one, of my fraternity's letters, over my heart. I would venture to say I am NOT a thug but I guess that's up to the interpretation of my posting peers and their infallible moral fortitude

For the record...I don't care at all about tattoos and tattoos don't make anyone a thug.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 2nd, 2012, 8:06 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Deon's have "real meaning" as well I would say. If you ever get the chance to talk with the young man he is very much into his faith and background. The kid loves Texas, he loves his family and he loves his faith. He may have been just a bit overzealous in how much he decided to physically show it. But yes, they pale in comparison to the meaning behind Marc's.

I didn't mean to imply Deon's don't. I likely will never have the chance to talk with him, but from reading his tweets and what not it is pretty clear he is a real good young man and he takes what tatoos he gets very seriously and puts a lot of thought into what he gets and why.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 2nd, 2012, 11:21 pm

Having some silly tattoos doesn't make you a bad person. I have several. I got the tribal band thing across my left arm but before those became so cliche and pedestrian. I also have a KC Chiefs arrowhead on my chest with #35 Nigerian Nightmare for Christian Okoye. I regret that one but when you are a big Chiefs fan in 1992 it seemed cool. They can tell some cool stories when you age and remind you of the stupidity of your youth. I wouldn't negatively label someone with unique tattoos. That Chris Anderson guy in the NBA pushes the envelope but to each their own. Deon and Marc both seem like nice kids. As long as they avoid getting a forehead tattoo or a dolphin on their ankle I will respect 'em.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting