Illinois State commitments

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » April 16th, 2013, 6:44 am

ISU has gotten 3 or 4 commitments over the last few days. Can one of the Redbird fans out there fill us in on the details?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Illinois State commitment

Postby Bmarq04 » April 16th, 2013, 6:54 am

copied from redbirdfan.net. All 3 are jucos rated in the top 65.

-Zach Lofton 6'4 200 SG 3 Years Left - Turned down Kansas St., Baylor, WVU to be a 'bird!

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... ton-147196

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VzrvASIMT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i38VJeYG0zs

-Bobby Hunter 5'10 195 G 2 Years Left - 2nd in JUCO nation in scoring...can anyone say Nate Robinson?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/baske ... bby-hunter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koVt02G3u7w

-Michael Middlebrooks 6'9 210 F/C 2 Years Left - Lengthy/Swatter

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... oks-142577
Bmarq04
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Re: Illinois State commitments

Postby PurpleRedbird » April 16th, 2013, 1:50 pm

With the three signed in the past week (PG, SG, C) all JUCO top 65, the three frosh signed in the early signing period (PG, SG, C), redshirt Jon Jones (PF), the one rumored player already on campus (PF), and one more scholarship to fill this is shaping up to be a pretty good class for ISUr.

All conjecture at this point until they all get on campus, but the bird fans have to be feeling a lot better now then they were 2 weeks ago. Definitely a complete roster redo with only Allen, Zeisloft, Keane, and Hill (all guards) back from last year's team.

Let's just hope everybody is eligible.
PurpleRedbird
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby brianbown » April 17th, 2013, 9:02 am

Based on what I've been reading Muller has gotten a couple of community College transfers. A 6'9 kid and a 6'6 kid. They have a lot of shoes to fill. They have two more scholarships to give. But there is trouble on the horizon. People are really pissed off about how the season went. Some are questioning his coaching ability. I say give him some time to build his program. Muller was Stallings recruiter.
I'm still confused about why the last guy left with the team he had coming back. Maybe someone can fill me in on the politics of that.
brianbown
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby IllinoisState » April 17th, 2013, 12:53 pm

brianbown wrote:Based on what I've been reading Muller has gotten a couple of community College transfers. A 6'9 kid and a 6'6 kid. They have a lot of shoes to fill. They have two more scholarships to give. But there is trouble on the horizon. People are really pissed off about how the season went. Some are questioning his coaching ability. I say give him some time to build his program. Muller was Stallings recruiter.
I'm still confused about why the last guy left with the team he had coming back. Maybe someone can fill me in on the politics of that.

By "guy" do you mean coach or player?
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ilstu2013 » April 17th, 2013, 7:37 pm

IllinoisState wrote:
brianbown wrote:Based on what I've been reading Muller has gotten a couple of community College transfers. A 6'9 kid and a 6'6 kid. They have a lot of shoes to fill. They have two more scholarships to give. But there is trouble on the horizon. People are really pissed off about how the season went. Some are questioning his coaching ability. I say give him some time to build his program. Muller was Stallings recruiter.

I believe he is talking about coach Jankovich leaving with the team he had coming back. And the answer to that is money calls. It's not confusing at all so I'm not too sure why one would feel that way.
ilstu2013
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mvcfan » April 17th, 2013, 7:56 pm

What did they pay Jankovich to be an Asst. Coach?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ilstu2013 » April 17th, 2013, 11:15 pm

mvcfan wrote:What did they pay Jankovich to be an Asst. Coach?
Yearly salary of $700,000, making him the highest paid assistant in the nation.
ilstu2013
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby IllinoisState » April 17th, 2013, 11:38 pm

ilstu2013 wrote:
IllinoisState wrote:

I believe he is talking about coach Jankovich leaving with the team he had coming back. And the answer to that is money calls. It's not confusing at all so I'm not too sure why one would feel that way.

Of course he wanted money. He didn't care about ISU, he only cared about himself. Hopefully Muller will be different since he went to ISU.
IllinoisState
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » April 21st, 2013, 11:30 pm

ilstu2013 wrote:
mvcfan wrote:What did they pay Jankovich to be an Asst. Coach?
Yearly salary of $700,000, making him the highest paid assistant in the nation.

What was ISUR paying him? $2000,000, $300,000? That's pretty sad.

You mean that ISUR couldn't pay him enough to keep him as a head coach? Surely, he would have been interested to stay if they had paid him to be a head coach. Of course, he's interested in making a living. Aren't you?
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting