Nic Moore (Warsaw,IN) commits to Illinois State

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Nic Moore (Warsaw,IN) commits to Illinois State

Postby SubGod22 » May 3rd, 2011, 10:08 am

45otseoj wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:I saw some tape of him a bit ago...I will say this, He relies alot on that athleticism.

Is that an issue?
Interested to see how Jank develops him...allowing him to be a pick and roll type would be a good idea but last ttime I saw your guys offense in person it had Odiakosa and Eldridge soooooooo we will see.

Not sure what one point has to do with the other. Jank's offense is based around on-ball picks.
It can be an issue if he doesn't develop more and relies too much on just that. We've seen plenty of great athletes who got away with it in HS never develop into what they could be. It's definitely a valuable tool, but more will be needed in the long run.

I know nothing about the kid.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 45otseoj » May 3rd, 2011, 10:47 am

SubGod22 wrote:
45otseoj wrote:
dgreenwell3 wrote:I saw some tape of him a bit ago...I will say this, He relies alot on that athleticism.

Is that an issue?
Interested to see how Jank develops him...allowing him to be a pick and roll type would be a good idea but last ttime I saw your guys offense in person it had Odiakosa and Eldridge soooooooo we will see.

Not sure what one point has to do with the other. Jank's offense is based around on-ball picks.
It can be an issue if he doesn't develop more and relies too much on just that. We've seen plenty of great athletes who got away with it in HS never develop into what they could be. It's definitely a valuable tool, but more will be needed in the long run.

I know nothing about the kid.

He's 5'8. I'mnot sure what point greenwell is trying to make. Sure, the kid has an excellent vertical, but that's a very limited part of his game with being so short.

Here is an entire game cut into 8 minutes; not one of his better performance.
On the year he average 27 points, 55% shooting, 40% from 3, 80% free throw.
Long story short; he took a ton of shots and he made a on of shots.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2Ph4nhp4Pc&feature=fvst
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby dgreenwell3 » May 3rd, 2011, 1:51 pm

No no no what I am saying is that in College every player is the best player on every school he played in HS. So in the past when he got into the lane with ease or his athleticism may not be so easy. I was just saying that I didn't know what they ran last year because I didnt see ILSU play ever, so I was hoping the kid was well groomed into an offense that fits what he is good at. I think the kid is a good pick-up...Just throwing out from personal observation.
dgreenwell3
MVC Victory Cigar
MVC Victory Cigar

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting