3rd commitment in 48 hours for DU

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: 3rd commitment in 48 hours for DU

Postby DUBulldog » August 14th, 2013, 10:28 am

GoRamblers wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:Carleton "CJ" Rivers, a 6'3" combo guard from Cahokia, Illinois. Very quick and athletic. Plays point guard for one of the best teams in Illinois, but will probably be a wing at Drake.

Not sure I would categorize Cahokia as one of the best teams in Illinois (they had a good year last year, but outside of that, they've been pedestrian).

Still, good signing for Drake.

They finished 2nd in the state in 3A last season....I'd say that made them one of the best teams in the state. Obviously, it's impossible to know how they would have done against 4A teams.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » August 14th, 2013, 3:11 pm

BCPanther wrote:Schlatter will be able to play right away. Kuentsling will need a year, if not two, to be able to be a contributor...

Agree on both. Kuentsling will almost certainly redshirt his freshman season. Of the 5 commitments Drake has, he's probably the least ready to contribute immediately. But, I like his long term prospects for being a contributor.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tribecalledquest » August 19th, 2013, 5:18 pm

Cahokia has two good players in Rivers and Darius Austin (UMKC). Again another solid job by Ray G. I know the Bradley coaches liked CJ Rivers.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting