SIU getting University of Illinois transfer?

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » August 18th, 2013, 4:12 pm

Verbal Commits is reporting that Ibby Djimde is transferring from U of I to SIU.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SIU getting University of Illinois transfer?

Postby Wufan » August 18th, 2013, 4:34 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Verbal Commits is reporting that Ibby Djimde is transferring from U of I to SIU.

I'm guessing he won't be eligible until fall 2014. Please correct me if I am mistaken.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby kcmsaluki12 » August 18th, 2013, 7:18 pm

Yep, SIU finally gets a much, much needed big man. It doesn't matter that he'll have to sit out a year, we're a long way from competing for anything.
kcmsaluki12
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AngryShock » August 19th, 2013, 8:29 am

Glad to hear SIU will finally have a big. Still need a few more to legitimately try and compete, but it's a step in the right direction. I've never heard of this guy, so any help on how many years he has and what his size is would be appreciated.
WheatShockers.com
AngryShock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby DUBulldog » August 19th, 2013, 9:02 am

AngryShock wrote:Glad to hear SIU will finally have a big. Still need a few more to legitimately try and compete, but it's a step in the right direction. I've never heard of this guy, so any help on how many years he has and what his size is would be appreciated.

He scored 7 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in two seasons with Illinois. 0 assists, 6 turnovers, 0 blocked shots.

Obviously, a mop-up time player at Illinois. Hopefully for SIU, he will blossom. Hinson and staff will have a year to work with him and then he'll have 2 years left to play.

As so many have mentioned, SIU really needs some size.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby agrinut » August 19th, 2013, 11:31 am

DUBulldog wrote:
AngryShock wrote:Glad to hear SIU will finally have a big. Still need a few more to legitimately try and compete, but it's a step in the right direction. I've never heard of this guy, so any help on how many years he has and what his size is would be appreciated.

He scored 7 points and grabbed 14 rebounds in two seasons with Illinois. 0 assists, 6 turnovers, 0 blocked shots.

Obviously, a mop-up time player at Illinois. Hopefully for SIU, he will blossom. Hinson and staff will have a year to work with him and then he'll have 2 years left to play.

As so many have mentioned, SIU really needs some size.

Hopefully doesn't make him his personal project....
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting