Drake picks up a transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » April 16th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Kale Abrahamson, a 6'7" wing from Northwestern is transferring to Drake.

Rivals.com had him as a 3-star, ranked 135th in the country in 2012, with offers from Boston College, Creighton, Harvard, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford and Wake Forest among others.

He hasn't lived up to that ranking in his two seasons at Northwestern, averaging 4.4 ppg in 2 seasons. Local kid from West Des Moines.

I am hoping he can come close to justifying his high school ranking.

Link to story about his transfer
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Drake picks up a transfer

Postby Wufan » April 16th, 2014, 4:44 pm

DUBulldog wrote:Kale Abrahamson, a 6'7" wing from Northwestern is transferring to Drake.

Rivals.com had him as a 3-star, ranked 135th in the country in 2012, with offers from Boston College, Creighton, Harvard, Iowa, Iowa State, Stanford and Wake Forest among others.

He hasn't lived up to that ranking in his two seasons at Northwestern, averaging 4.4 ppg in 2 seasons. Local kid from West Des Moines.

I am hoping he can come close to justifying his high school ranking.

Link to story about his transfer

Nice get.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 16th, 2014, 5:29 pm

Perhaps younger brother of ex LB and current Albany coach Katy A. ??
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 16th, 2014, 9:04 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Perhaps younger brother of ex LB and current Albany coach Katy A. ??

He is not. Might be some relation since she did go to Iowa, but Katie was born in 1966 so she's much more likely to be his aunt than his sister (Kale was born in 1993). His dad coached women's basketball at MSU for a little bit, so I'd say you're definitely onto something.

Kale will be interesting to watch. He certainly wasn't a fit for Collins system at NW (you know, play defense...pass) and should perform better at Drake but, as DUBulldog alluded to, he hasn't really lived up to his hype coming out of high school. It'll be interesting to see even Goacolletti even has him start. I'm not sure Drake has slated for F after next season. Enevold is the only guy I know of who will definitely be playing, but he's a Center so they aren't really competing for playing time. Who's going to compete for the '4' in 2 years for the Dawgs?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » April 17th, 2014, 5:06 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Perhaps younger brother of ex LB and current Albany coach Katy A. ??

He is not. Might be some relation since she did go to Iowa, but Katie was born in 1966 so she's much more likely to be his aunt than his sister (Kale was born in 1993). His dad coached women's basketball at MSU for a little bit, so I'd say you're definitely onto something.

Kale will be interesting to watch. He certainly wasn't a fit for Collins system at NW (you know, play defense...pass) and should perform better at Drake but, as DUBulldog alluded to, he hasn't really lived up to his hype coming out of high school. It'll be interesting to see even Goacolletti even has him start. I'm not sure Drake has slated for F after next season. Enevold is the only guy I know of who will definitely be playing, but he's a Center so they aren't really competing for playing time. Who's going to compete for the '4' in 2 years for the Dawgs?

The guys who will be competing for the '4' in 2 years would be Casey Schlatter and Blake Danielak. Both are skilled guys in the 6'7" to 6'9" range, but both need to put on some muscle. I see Casey as more of a '3'.

I've seen in a few different places that Kale's father played basketball for UNI. Do any UNI fans remember him?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby uniftw » April 17th, 2014, 8:42 am

How long until Kale's dad is on the staff at Drake?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 17th, 2014, 9:53 am

DUBulldog wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:

The guys who will be competing for the '4' in 2 years would be Casey Schlatter and Blake Danielak. Both are skilled guys in the 6'7" to 6'9" range, but both need to put on some muscle. I see Casey as more of a '3'.

I've seen in a few different places that Kale's father played basketball for UNI. Do any UNI fans remember him?

Kale will be every bit as lanky and skinny as those two then. I'm pretty sure he's only 210 and that might be NW rounding way up.

I know his father and it disappoints me that he was a Panther. Not the humblest of men and I agree with UNIFTW, I'd bet this deal came with a bench job for Mr. Abrahamson. This will be a fun two years for Giacoletti with that guy in his ear.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting