SIU picks up juco PG

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

SIU picks up juco PG

Postby DUBulldog » March 17th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Mike Rodriguez from Marshalltown CC in Iowa has committed to SIU, per several people on twitter. I believe he's originally from Boston.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

SIU picks up juco PG

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: SIU picks up juco PG

Postby Godawgs90 » March 17th, 2015, 6:45 pm

Mike Rodriguez, a sophomore PG from Marshalltown (Iowa) Community College, verbally committed to the SIU mbb team today. Avg. 16.7pg, 4.3apg

Sophomores Mike Rodriguez and Merdic Green of the Marshalltown Community College men's basketball team were recognized on the NJCAA Division I all-Region XI squads Tuesday.

Rodriguez garnered a first-team selection, while Green earned honorable mention status.

Rodriguez finished his career as one of the most prolific scorers in program history, becoming just the second 1,000-point scorer since 2002. The 5-foot-10 Boston native finished his career with 1,154 career points and his 719 this season ranked third nationally. He attempted 230 free throws this year - ranking second among all NJCAA Division I players."
Godawgs90
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » March 18th, 2015, 5:05 am

Congrats to SIU. I think a JUCO PG will really help.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » March 28th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Godawgs90 wrote:Mike Rodriguez, a sophomore PG from Marshalltown (Iowa) Community College, verbally committed to the SIU mbb team today. Avg. 16.7pg, 4.3apg

Sophomores Mike Rodriguez and Merdic Green of the Marshalltown Community College men's basketball team were recognized on the NJCAA Division I all-Region XI squads Tuesday.

Rodriguez garnered a first-team selection, while Green earned honorable mention status.

Rodriguez finished his career as one of the most prolific scorers in program history, becoming just the second 1,000-point scorer since 2002. The 5-foot-10 Boston native finished his career with 1,154 career points and his 719 this season ranked third nationally. He attempted 230 free throws this year - ranking second among all NJCAA Division I players."

Those stats you gave are for his Freshman year--averaged 22.6 ppg and 6 apg this year!
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jackwagon » March 29th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Is he more of a true point or scoring guard in a points body? I ask because siu needed a guy last year who could get the team into offense. Already have the create your own shot pg/sg in beane. Nice number for him on paper though
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 29th, 2015, 7:19 pm

Sounds like a pretty good get!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting