BEARS TRADE JUCOS

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

BEARS TRADE JUCOS

Postby BEARZ77 » August 18th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Bears lose 6'2 juco guard Kevin Baker who had not made it to Springfield this summer as he stayed in Florida trying to become academically eligible; he didn't and won't be with the Bears. Then they make a late pickup of 6'6 wing Aldonis Foote from Trinity Valley who did complete classwork late and he replaces Baker. Both decent but neither an impact player. Baker would have been a nice combo guard, Foote gives the Bears another athletic wing to go with Chris Kendrix and Reggie Williams.
Last edited by BEARZ77 on August 19th, 2015, 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

BEARS TRADE JUCOS

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEARS TRADE JUCOS

Postby Wufan » August 18th, 2015, 8:50 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Bears lose 6'2 juco guard Kevin Baker who had not made it to Springfield this summer as he stayed in Florida trying to become academically eligible; he didn't and won't be with the Bears. Then they make a late pickup of 6'6 wing Aldonis Foote from Trinity Valley who did complete classwork late and he replaces Baker. Both decent but neither an impact player. Baker would have been a nice combo guard, Foote gives the Bears another athletic wing to go with Chris Kendrix and Reggie Miller.

I heard Reggie Miller is pretty good!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » August 19th, 2015, 6:56 am

Wufan wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Bears lose 6'2 juco guard Kevin Baker who had not made it to Springfield this summer as he stayed in Florida trying to become academically eligible; he didn't and won't be with the Bears. Then they make a late pickup of 6'6 wing Aldonis Foote from Trinity Valley who did complete classwork late and he replaces Baker. Both decent but neither an impact player. Baker would have been a nice combo guard, Foote gives the Bears another athletic wing to go with Chris Kendrix and Reggie Miller.

Streaky shooter, decent passer/ handler @6'5 or so. Like I said with Williams/Kendrix/Foote and Loomis G., we do have some guys in the 6'4-6'6 range who are long and versatile athletes. Add that to Obediah Church who is a freakish athlete at 6'8 but very raw, and 6'7 Robin Thompson who was starting as a frosh till a season ending injury last year, and we are a bit more athletic at the forward spots than recently. Camyn Boone is a solid player but at 6'6 limited to a degree, Jordan Martin 6'8 a nice wide body with good hands and footwork down low but who plays below the rim mostly,& the oft injured 6'10 Tyler McCullough, and that's our frontline. Our back court might be a disaster if juco pg D. Miller isn't solid and Ruder doesn't regain his freshman form.
Last edited by BEARZ77 on August 19th, 2015, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » August 19th, 2015, 7:12 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Wufan wrote:

Streaky shooter, decent passer/ handler @6'5 or so. Like I said with Miller/Kendrix/Foote and Loomis G., we do have some guys in the 6'4-6'6 range who are long and versatile athletes. Add that to Obediah Church who is a freakish athlete at 6'8 but very raw, and 6'7 Robin Thompson who was starting as a frosh till a season ending injury last year, and we are a bit more athletic at the forward spots than recently. Camyn Boone is a solid player but at 6'6 limited to a degree, Jordan Martin 6'8 a nice wide body with good hands and footwork down low but who plays below the rim mostly,& the oft injured 6'10 Tyler McCullough, and that's our frontline. Our back court might be a disaster if juco pg D. Miller isn't solid and Ruder doesn't regain his freshman form.

Well one of us isn't catching on here and it might be me. Are you being facetious, or do you really have someone on the roster that has the exact same name as legendary Indiana Pacers SG Reggie Miller? I couldn't find him on your roster or on Google.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » August 19th, 2015, 10:15 am

Wufan wrote:Well one of us isn't catching on here and it might be me. Are you being facetious, or do you really have someone on the roster that has the exact same name as legendary Indiana Pacers SG Reggie Miller? I couldn't find him on your roster or on Google.

Sorry Wufan,don't know where my head was. He's Reggie Shaw-Williams, and no he's not yet listed on our roster[ which none of us really know why] as he played with the team all summer. He's a walk-on from Motlow State who came with the coach and pg we added. As noted, not an impact guy but he's got a chance to play and contribute. He averaged about 8ppg , is streaky but shoots the trey and handles pretty good at about 6'5.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » August 19th, 2015, 11:19 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Well one of us isn't catching on here and it might be me. Are you being facetious, or do you really have someone on the roster that has the exact same name as legendary Indiana Pacers SG Reggie Miller? I couldn't find him on your roster or on Google.

Sorry Wufan,don't know where my head was. He's Reggie Shaw-Williams, and no he's not yet listed on our roster[ which none of us really know why] as he played with the team all summer. He's a walk-on from Motlow State who came with the coach and pg we added. As noted, not an impact guy but he's got a chance to play and contribute. He averaged about 8ppg , is streaky but shoots the trey and handles pretty good at about 6'5.

Gotcha. Thanks! Congrats on the late pick-up. That's often a lost scholarship when someone doesn't qualify.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby heartless » October 14th, 2015, 10:18 am

God we suck something awful right now! As a fan I am pissed. As a human I want to go see the train wreck.
FYI not arguing with the lost scholarship thought, just saying with our current situation, it feels like all scholarships are lost. Not on talent, but development!

From this...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=583&start=192

To this...
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... bb255a.jpg
heartless
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby A_Shocker » October 14th, 2015, 10:18 pm

Practicing how to get 10 second calls without any pressure?

... that's just bad, on so many levels. I'm sorry.
A_Shocker
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby heartless » October 15th, 2015, 7:18 am

A_Shocker wrote:

Practicing how to get 10 second calls without any pressure?

... that's just bad, on so many levels. I'm sorry.

Hey we would've got 4 (edit 5) rebounds and a blocked shot out of the deal. #statstuffer
heartless
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting