UNI 2016- Isaiah Brown

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

UNI 2016- Isaiah Brown

Postby BCPanther » November 15th, 2015, 12:38 pm

UNI filled their last 2016 scholarship yesterday.

Isaiah Brown, a 6-6 wing out of Flower Mound, TX, committed after his visit yesterday and will sign on Monday.

He's ranked 25th overall in the state of Texas by Rivals ahead of several 3 star recruits.

We don't know much about him as his announcement of a visit and commitment happened in the last 3 days. He's the long wing we needed with Jesperson and Morgan graduating in the next two years.

He joins 6-6 wing Tanner Lohaus (brother of Wyatt) and 5-10 PG Juwan McCloud in the 2016 class. Really encouraging class for UNI.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

UNI 2016- Isaiah Brown

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI 2016- Isaiah Brown

Postby Wufan » November 15th, 2015, 12:51 pm

BCPanther wrote:UNI filled their last 2016 scholarship yesterday.

Isaiah Brown, a 6-6 wing out of Flower Mound, TX, committed after his visit yesterday and will sign on Monday.

He's ranked 25th overall in the state of Texas by Rivals ahead of several 3 star recruits.

We don't know much about him as his announcement of a visit and commitment happened in the last 3 days. He's the long wing we needed with Jesperson and Morgan graduating in the next two years.

He joins 6-6 wing Tanner Lohaus (brother of Wyatt) and 5-10 PG Juwan McCloud in the 2016 class. Really encouraging class for UNI.

Congrats on the recruiting class! I noticed in game one that only two bigs played, neither of which was particularly impressive. Any concerns about post play?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 15th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Wufan wrote:
BCPanther wrote:UNI filled their last 2016 scholarship yesterday.

Congrats on the recruiting class! I noticed in game one that only two bigs played, neither of which was particularly impressive. Any concerns about post play?

Yes. Koch played little last year and Ted redshirted after being disappointing as a freshman. The dept with grow as the season goes on, and by next year should be just fine. Early this year it will be be a concern though
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » November 15th, 2015, 8:38 pm

Also, our third big Klint Carlson is suspended for the first three games after an offseason OWI. He would have made a big difference yesterday and will contribute quite a bit as he is the most athletic of the three.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » November 15th, 2015, 9:32 pm

Thanks!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unifight789 » November 15th, 2015, 11:33 pm

A lot of concerns for post play this year. Very young and not deep. We will be running 4 guards most of the year. However the future is very bright with 2 good recruits (both better out of HS than Koch and Friedman) redshirting this year (Mcdonnell and Dahl). Will be a weak point this year but I feel could be the strength of the team by the end of next season.
unifight789
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » November 16th, 2015, 8:17 am

unifight789 wrote:

A lot of concerns for post play this year. Very young and not deep. We will be running 4 guards most of the year. However the future is very bright with 2 good recruits (both better out of HS than Koch and Friedman) redshirting this year (Mcdonnell and Dahl). Will be a weak point this year but I feel could be the strength of the team by the end of next season.

and going forward from there. Haven't had any post depth since...well...we all know.

It's going to be the deepest position going forward in a year. :Cheers:
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 16th, 2015, 10:42 am

On topic with Brown - I almost never get too excited about recruits. I think there are nice recruits but don't follow recruiting real close, or get too worked up about them until they get to campus.

That being said, this kid looks legit. He is most definitely going to be the best recruit in terms of athleticism, size, speed, and shooting to ever step foot on campus....assuming he does.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3275121/hig ... 7037378/v2
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3275121/hig ... 7863381/v2
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Khan4Cats » November 17th, 2015, 2:50 pm

uniftw wrote:
unifight789 wrote:

and going forward from there. Haven't had any post depth since...well...we all know.

It's going to be the deepest position going forward in a year. :Cheers:

Next season we will have 7 guys on the roster 6'7" or taller, this year we have 3 on the active roster. Brown gives us another at 6'6" with Morgan and Austin at 6'5" as seniors. The year after we add another 6'9" post.
Khan4Cats
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » November 17th, 2015, 3:02 pm

Khan4Cats wrote:Next season we will have 7 guys on the roster 6'7" or taller, this year we have 3 on the active roster. Brown gives us another at 6'6" with Morgan and Austin at 6'5" as seniors. The year after we add another 6'9" post.

I keep forgetting Arias is as tall as he is. He's got a hell of a shot too. I honestly didn't look a ton into him when he signed. I don't know why, but I didn't.

Dude is a pure shooter. 42% from 3 so far this year (though it's still early)
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting