Drake picks up juco point guard

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2016, 1:01 am

De'Antae McMurray, from Southwest Illinois College. Averaging about 10 ppg, 5 apg.

His father is a coach for one of the top AAU teams in St. Louis.....might help the Bulldogs get other players from that AAU squad.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Drake picks up juco point guard

Postby Redbird Recon » January 26th, 2016, 8:33 am

It might be working the other way around. CJ Rivers is a SW IL Jets product as well.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2016, 9:55 am

Redbird Recon wrote:It might be working the other way around. CJ Rivers is a SW IL Jets product as well.

Recon....I know you follow high school basketball in Illinois pretty closely.....have you see McMurray play?

Bulldog fans are glad to see Giacoletti get a juco point. For the second year in a row, his point guard has proven to be not a point guard at all (Timmer last year, Woodward this year). Needed a point guard who could step in immediately. Definitely sends a clear message to Woodward.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby valleyclimber » January 26th, 2016, 11:08 am

Think DU could improve quite a bit with a decent PG ala SIU. Woodward is NOT getting done. Good for HC Giac 8-)
valleyclimber
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » January 26th, 2016, 11:51 am

His numbers aren't overly impressive but that may mean nothing.

His shooting numbers are pretty bad for that level - 35% from the floor and 27% from three.

Hopefully he is at least a steadying influence at the point for the Bulldogs.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2016, 12:43 pm

valleyclimber wrote:Think DU could improve quite a bit with a decent PG ala SIU. Woodward is NOT getting done. Good for HC Giac 8-)

Both Big 10 transfers have been very clearly not getting it done.....everybody seems to see that except Giacoletti. I've never seen two players get less love from their team's fans.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DUBulldog » January 26th, 2016, 12:45 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:His numbers aren't overly impressive but that may mean nothing.

His shooting numbers are pretty bad for that level - 35% from the floor and 27% from three.

Hopefully he is at least a steadying influence at the point for the Bulldogs.

Yes, shooting numbers concern me, but Bulldogs need a guy who can run the team and play some defense out top. His assist numbers are good and A:TO ratio is good. He has apparently been playing at less than 100% most of the season and is just now rounding into shape.

If he is a true point guard, will be an immediate improvement over Woodward.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Redbird Recon » January 27th, 2016, 6:33 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:It might be working the other way around. CJ Rivers is a SW IL Jets product as well.

Recon....I know you follow high school basketball in Illinois pretty closely.....have you see McMurray play?

Bulldog fans are glad to see Giacoletti get a juco point. For the second year in a row, his point guard has proven to be not a point guard at all (Timmer last year, Woodward this year). Needed a point guard who could step in immediately. Definitely sends a clear message to Woodward.

I haven't. I didn't get that far south often when he was in high school. His dad is the head of the SW IL Jets. Those are good bridges to build.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » April 4th, 2016, 8:12 pm

Then why don't we hire his father as our coach?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting