Matt Chastain - 6-6 F - LeRoy, IL

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby tribecalledquest » March 9th, 2016, 10:10 pm

This kid is an interesting story and currently has four MVC offers.

He plays for a small school in Illinois, LeRoy High School. He only had D2 offers up until two weeks ago. He has since blown up and has offers from ISU, ISU Blue, Loyola, and Evansville in the MVC--and then Miami OH, Utah, Yale and others outside the league.

He is 6-6. Athletic. Big time scorer but he plays against weak competition. His team will be at Carver Arena this weekend for the IHSA State Championship.

It's just interesting that he didnt even play on the "A" team of his AAU team. He goes from no D1 offers to like, 12, in two weeks. I am curious to see him play and where he ends up.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Matt Chastain - 6-6 F - LeRoy, IL

Postby mathewson10 » March 15th, 2016, 7:45 am

tribecalledquest wrote:This kid is an interesting story and currently has four MVC offers.

He plays for a small school in Illinois, LeRoy High School. He only had D2 offers up until two weeks ago. He has since blown up and has offers from ISU, ISU Blue, Loyola, and Evansville in the MVC--and then Miami OH, Utah, Yale and others outside the league.

He is 6-6. Athletic. Big time scorer but he plays against weak competition. His team will be at Carver Arena this weekend for the IHSA State Championship.

It's just interesting that he didnt even play on the "A" team of his AAU team. He goes from no D1 offers to like, 12, in two weeks. I am curious to see him play and where he ends up.

I've seen this kid play since he was a freshman. He is ridiculously athletic. He can definitely take the ball strong to the hoop. I think he would make a great addition to the valley. Not saying there won't be growing pains going from 1A to the MVC but I think he will be successful. Good luck on recruiting!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird Recon » March 28th, 2016, 4:19 pm

Visiting Illinois State today
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Valleyball » April 3rd, 2016, 3:10 pm

Sounds like maybe ISU or Utah
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby RamblerGrad2018 » April 23rd, 2016, 9:29 pm

https://twitter.com/chastain_matt/statu ... 16/photo/1

Per His twitter page Matt Chastain will be attending Loyola in the Fall. Great pickup for the Ramblers especially recruiting him over the likes of Purdue and Utah.

:dance: :dance:
RamblerGrad2018
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby tribecalledquest » April 26th, 2016, 2:54 pm

RamblerGrad2018 wrote:https://twitter.com/chastain_matt/status/723977997385097216/photo/1

Per His twitter page Matt Chastain will be attending Loyola in the Fall. Great pickup for the Ramblers especially recruiting him over the likes of Purdue and Utah.

:dance: :dance:

Utah yes, Purdue no.

But his stock certainly went crazy this spring. Good for him. I will be anxious to see how his game translates from really small HS ball to the MVC.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Majik45 » May 8th, 2017, 8:07 am

Sorry I'm bringing up an old thread, but did not see it mentioned out here, but Redshirt Freshman Matt Chastain announced he is transferring from Loyola last week. He played 3 games this year before suffering an injury. He does not know where he is going to transfer to yet.

I know a bunch of MVC schools were in on him last year after he led his team to the Class A (smallest class) state title and had an outstanding tournament.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » May 8th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Rumor is he plans to go JUCO or D2 for a year; it was his third major knee injury unfortunately.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 7:02 am

Messed up by going to Loyola in the first place.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting