UNI Gets UND Transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

UNI Gets UND Transfer

Postby BCPanther » March 31st, 2016, 1:26 pm

Adam McDermott, 6-4 SG, will transfer to UNI, sit out next year, pay his own way his first playing year, and be on scholarship his last two years.

He shot over 40% from 3 and had a 28 point game as a true freshman for North Dakota last year after playing high school ball for Cedar Rapids Xavier Catholic. His redshirt year will be spent learning defense and improving his release. Ceiling is a poor man's Matt Bohannon.

And yes, he's Greg's nephew and Doug's cousin. So he only owes us about 3000 points. ;)
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

UNI Gets UND Transfer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI Gets UND Transfer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 31st, 2016, 9:01 pm

BCPanther wrote:Adam McDermott, 6-4 SG, will transfer to UNI, sit out next year, pay his own way his first playing year, and be on scholarship his last two years.

He shot over 40% from 3 and had a 28 point game as a true freshman for North Dakota last year after playing high school ball for Cedar Rapids Xavier Catholic. His redshirt year will be spent learning defense and improving his release. Ceiling is a poor man's Matt Bohannon.

And yes, he's Greg's nephew and Doug's cousin. So he only owes us about 3000 points. ;)

Good get for UNI for sure.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: UNI Gets UND Transfer

Postby uniftw » April 3rd, 2016, 3:36 pm

BC can correct me on this but he reminds me of a cross between Matty Bo and Nate Buss.

He has a lot of work to be done to get Jakes full trust and do what needs to be done to play. If/when he figures that out he could be a big part of the team...see Buss's first years and campus and the work he did to see the floor. He reminds me of Bo in terms of type of player
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting