Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Bulldogs pick up another 2017 point guard

Postby BEARZ77 » March 26th, 2017, 7:02 am

Bears will add at least two more in Spring, but of note is that they will have rs Greg Boogie Williams who was a 3*** top 150 ish from previous year, and 50/50 chance on return of Ronnie Rousseau who was a juco AA and was averaging 11 ppg when he went out last year.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » March 27th, 2017, 10:41 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Bears will add at least two more in Spring, but of note is that they will have rs Greg Boogie Williams who was a 3*** top 150 ish from previous year, and 50/50 chance on return of Ronnie Rousseau who was a juco AA and was averaging 11 ppg when he went out last year.

If Rousseau comes back Mo State has to be the leader in the clubhouse to finish 2nd behind the Shox...or first if they leave.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 27th, 2017, 11:00 am

Yeah we'll look good on paper, but there's always the Lusk factor. We are anticipating two outgoing transfers, but really those are kind of "hand writing " on the wall situations, but that opens options for a juco post and a shooting guard/wing additions. Had a juco top 50 post in this weekend we like and are looking at some guards. Really high on juco Reggie Scurry, 6'8,220 who we signed in fall from same juco Rhodes came from last year. He along with a HS pg[ Lawrence] and HS post [ 6'11, Scott] are current newbies along with rs Williams 6'5.
I really hope things work out for Rousseau as not only is he very good, but you just want to see the kid make it back .
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 27th, 2017, 3:10 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Yeah we'll look good on paper, but there's always the Lusk factor. We are anticipating two outgoing transfers, but really those are kind of "hand writing " on the wall situations, but that opens options for a juco post and a shooting guard/wing additions. Had a juco top 50 post in this weekend we like and are looking at some guards. Really high on juco Reggie Scurry, 6'8,220 who we signed in fall from same juco Rhodes came from last year. He along with a HS pg[ Lawrence] and HS post [ 6'11, Scott] are current newbies along with rs Williams 6'5.
I really hope things work out for Rousseau as not only is he very good, but you just want to see the kid make it back .

Agreed on Ronnie. Who was the JUCO post on campus?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » March 27th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Stars aren't everything, but i'm excited to see who's coming in. The non rated WSU recruits are both the real deal. And the stars system clearly missed on players like Alize Johnson and Aundre Jackson. Still, starred recruits are exciting. I maintain that while the valley had a down year the recruiting across most schools seems to have improved (at least since where it was when Loyola joined, that could be skewed just from my own schools experience, though MSU and ISUr also seem to have also taken a nice step).
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » March 27th, 2017, 6:12 pm

Blers wrote:Stars aren't everything, but i'm excited to see who's coming in. The non rated WSU recruits are both the real deal. And the stars system clearly missed on players like Alize Johnson and Aundre Jackson. Still, starred recruits are exciting. I maintain that while the valley had a down year the recruiting across most schools seems to have improved (at least since where it was when Loyola joined, that could be skewed just from my own schools experience, though MSU and ISUr also seem to have also taken a nice step).

The problem that is bigger than recruiting is maintaining. Off the top of my head: Jordan Caroline (16 and 9 at Nevada), Marcus Marshall (20 and 4 assists at Nevada), Jeremy Cunningham (top 100), Reggie Lynch (8 and 6 at Minnesota) Dom from Drake and Bola from SIU. Those are All-MVC type talents that were starting for their perspective MVC school and transferred out. All were still eligible this past season.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 28th, 2017, 6:57 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Agreed on Ronnie. Who was the JUCO post on campus?

Tope Arikawa 6'9, 230 from Panola JC in Texas. Averaged about 11ppg and 8 rbs. PF/C .
Hoping for a verbal from him or another 6'9 juco we've been looking at as well. Also looking to add a sg/sf type.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » March 28th, 2017, 8:44 am

BEARZ77 wrote:

Tope Arikawa 6'9, 230 from Panola JC in Texas. Averaged about 11ppg and 8 rbs. PF/C .
Hoping for a verbal from him or another 6'9 juco we've been looking at as well. Also looking to add a sg/sf type.

With Johnson, Church and Scurry I'm kind of surprised they are looking at another big man. To me MSU needs better ball handlers and decision makers but who knows.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » March 28th, 2017, 10:43 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:

With Johnson, Church and Scurry I'm kind of surprised they are looking at another big man. To me MSU needs better ball handlers and decision makers but who knows.

They're all 220lbs or less; need some beef. Our incoming freshman 6'11 post is also needing to pack some weight on in the coming years. Besides we are still looking at adding a perimeter player, and we have both Boogie Williams and freshman pg Lawrence to add to Dixon and hopefully Rousseau. Lawrence seems under the radar quite a bit for a guy getting looks from Seton Hall and Clemson prior to going to prep school for a year. He reminds me of BU's Brown .
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting