Loyola Lands 4 Star Forward Christian Negron

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Loyola Lands 4 Star Forward Christian Negron

Postby Blers » October 19th, 2016, 8:38 am

mvcfan wrote:
Wufan wrote: I believe Moser's class will easily be higher ranked than WSU's this year.

This is a very good class for Loyola. The word "easily" may be a little hyperbolic. The Shocks may not sign anymore than the point guard they already have received a commitment from, but he appears to be a Top 5-10 juco player and a Top 1-2 point guard. While he wasn't a 4 * player out of high school, he probably would be now.

If numbers remain what they are now, Loyola will probably have the highest ranked class in the conference. Congratulations.

Purely out of curiosity, are you talking about Samajae Haynes-Jones? Not at all doubting his talent, i just couldn't find much information about him other than that he's an undersized pg who can score. I'd be curious to see more.

LU's recruiting run following Clayton Custer's commitment two years ago has been extremely impressive:

3 star wing Matt Chastain (who from the sounds of it has shown he belongs in this league thus far after a late recruiting boom)
3 star guard Cam Satterwhite
3 star transfer guard Marques Townes
Croatian guard Bruno Skokna Croatia who was recruited/offered by Gonzaga, Dayton, Arizona, Miami, and Davidson (Not being able to read Croatian i'm not sure if they all offered or were just "in the mix" for him)
Two solid JUCO bigs to bridge the gap between now and the Krutwig/Negron pairing

Now they have to put it all together on the court and get some W's, which is the real test. Appreciate all the kind words about LU, hopefully they can continue this trend and help strengthen the Valley's recruiting profile long term!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 19th, 2016, 10:45 am

Yes, he is referring to SHJ. He's a pre-season JUCO AA ranked consistently as a top 15 JC. He scored 16 per with 3 assists as a freshman for Hutchinson. They finished 4th I believe last year. He should be very good. That said, I never saw him play nor any of the Loyola guys, so rankings are the only thing to go off of.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » October 20th, 2016, 8:32 am

I really wanted Bradley to land Negron but once Elijah Childs committed that ship sailed. Both are pretty similar players. I think Negron will be a very good Valley player.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » October 20th, 2016, 11:07 am

Now if only Moser learns to coach. Recruiting has never been a big issue for him.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 20th, 2016, 11:15 am

SubGod22 wrote:Now if only Moser learns to coach. Recruiting has never been a big issue for him.

True, but the last handful of recruits he's nabbed have been high level for any Valley team. He might be able to do a lot with that talent.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ahunte1 » October 20th, 2016, 2:20 pm

I remain hopeful for the Ramblers' chances this year with a (hopefully) healthy Doyle playing off the ball. That said, it's fun to look into the future because the recruiting has picked up in a major way. Krutwig is a prototypical example of a player we've missed out on in the past. In fact, we lost out on Sean O'Mara (Xavier), who has a very similar profile to Krutwig, just two or three years ago. Negron looks like the type of long, bouncy player who can really excel in the Valley.

While we've yet to see any of these guys play, in a couple years Loyola could have a lineup of all 3-star or better players: Custer, Townes/Satterwhite, Chastain, Negron, Krutwig.

Kudos to Porter and the staff. Now let's turn them into a winning team!
ahunte1
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » November 9th, 2016, 4:40 pm

Both have officially signed their NLI.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » December 16th, 2016, 8:59 am

Negron was smart to go to Loyola. His length will go much further in Valley than the next notch up. At his best, I think he could be comparable to Jackie Carmichael.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting