Loyola Lands 4 Star Forward Christian Negron

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » October 18th, 2016, 5:08 pm

Loyola got a commitment from 6'6' tweener Christian Negron. He has a wide build and is a three/four star prospect depending on where you look. Big time upside who got offers from Oregon State, DePaul, U of I, Iowa, UAB, Bradley, and Butler. Between him and Cam Krutwig Porters picked up two HIGH quality post players for years to come. Easily his highest profile recruits.

http://suntimeshighschoolsports.com/201 ... an-negron/
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Loyola Lands 4 Star Forward Christian Negron

Postby Wufan » October 18th, 2016, 5:18 pm

Very impressive interior tandem! Moser has done an excellent job recruiting and I'm excited to see the oncourt product!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » October 18th, 2016, 5:27 pm

Agreed, gives a rock solid foundation. Both are said to have great intangibles as well, practice hard, want to learn and get it done right. Hopefully they become big time cornerstones for us! Throw in 3 star transfer Marques Townes who will be eligible and Loyola will have an impressive roster next year that will only lose Doyle(significant loss) and potentially Maurice Kirby.

Arrow is definitely up!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » October 18th, 2016, 5:38 pm

Depending on how he recovers from his injury this could be a huge get for you guys, nice!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » October 18th, 2016, 6:03 pm

Now you have to do what Drake couldn't, and keep them.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » October 18th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Agreed. I think Porters zeroed in on something given his recent recruiting. Focus on the academics and post bball opportunities for players Loyola as a school offers, all while selling a program on the rise. The campus frequently ranks in "most beautiful" lists with all the recent renovations. Get players who want to play now, but know that long term there's life after bball. With that you get players who will be leaving more than just a school, but a rock solid ticket to post grad life. Idk I could be wrong/or that could just be what every body is already selling. All I know is it's working (and Bryan Mullins likely won't be around much longer with the streak he's on for commitment, big ups to him).

Anyway I think by selling the whole experience he'll keep them, outside his first offseason in the valley transfers haven't been a big issue for him. But you're right Wu, you never know and shouldn't take that for granted.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Valleyball » October 18th, 2016, 6:31 pm

I am jealous and think it is a great get for Loyola.
Valleyball
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby shockalot » October 18th, 2016, 8:29 pm

This is great news and continues an impressive run of very good commits to Loyola. My hopes for their addition to end up being a good one for the MVC seem to not be in vain. Hope it continues and Loyola gets its long ago tradition of basketball mojo back, and joins the top teams in the conference and the country.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » October 19th, 2016, 5:35 am

I reread my posts and I'm underselling how impressed and excited I am about the young and incoming talent at Loyola. WSU has been the benefactor of the highest rated recruiting class year after year. I believe Moser's class will easily be higher ranked than WSU's this year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 19th, 2016, 6:44 am

Wufan wrote: I believe Moser's class will easily be higher ranked than WSU's this year.

This is a very good class for Loyola. The word "easily" may be a little hyperbolic. The Shocks may not sign anymore than the point guard they already have received a commitment from, but he appears to be a Top 5-10 juco player and a Top 1-2 point guard. While he wasn't a 4 * player out of high school, he probably would be now.

If numbers remain what they are now, Loyola will probably have the highest ranked class in the conference. Congratulations.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting