Wichita adds Asbjorn Midtgaard 7' C class of '17

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby SubGod22 » November 9th, 2016, 8:22 am

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 81368.html

Big seven footer from Denmark. Visited Wichita at some point. Watching video he moves pretty well and isn't afraid to be physical. He'll still have some work to do but it appears that he should be able to put on some good weight in out strength program and could potentially be quite a player.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita adds Asbjorn Midtgaard 7' C class of '17

Postby Stickboy46 » November 9th, 2016, 8:51 am

Here is a better article about his committment. Looks to be a solid get. Not very often do you get a 7'0 260+ lb freshman coming in.

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college/wi ... 72078.html
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 9th, 2016, 8:53 am

Guess I copied the wrong one. There were two on Wheatshockers and I just grabbed one, not remembering which one was which.

I'm very excited about this young mans potential and we desperately needed a big in '17 considering what we'll be losing in '18.
www.wheatshockers.com

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Stickboy46 » November 9th, 2016, 8:57 am

SubGod22 wrote:Guess I copied the wrong one. There were two on Wheatshockers and I just grabbed one, not remembering which one was which.

I'm very excited about this young mans potential and we desperately needed a big in '17 considering what we'll be losing in '18.

Agreed, While he very well could redshirt next year, I kinda want him to learn the ropes as a backup to Morris/Nurger/Willis.
Stickboy46
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 9th, 2016, 9:08 am

Stickboy46 wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:Guess I copied the wrong one. There were two on Wheatshockers and I just grabbed one, not remembering which one was which.

Agreed, While he very well could redshirt next year, I kinda want him to learn the ropes as a backup to Morris/Nurger/Willis.

That's a definite possibility. Especially if Nurger continues to progress. Being in the system, becoming best friends with Rosenboom and learning from a guy like Shaq could work wonders. Redshirt or not, I'm excited.
www.wheatshockers.com

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » November 11th, 2016, 9:51 am

SubGod22 wrote:
Stickboy46 wrote:

That's a definite possibility. Especially if Nurger continues to progress. Being in the system, becoming best friends with Rosenboom and learning from a guy like Shaq could work wonders. Redshirt or not, I'm excited.

The potential of this young Dane is very exciting but he may be further along than first thought. While he has only played organized basketball for 3-4 years, he is the fourth ranked European recruit for 2017. The others are considered 5 star recruits, AM appears to be a 4 star or close to it. He plays in a league against players who are mostly graduated from college (many US college graduates) like Gesell from Iowa and is averaging 10 points and 10 Rebounds a game. He may be ready to contribute immediately.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » November 11th, 2016, 11:03 am

They have Euro rankings for recruits? I had no idea.

I agree that he may be farther along than many would think. I'm just trying to keep my expectations somewhat in check until I can see him play with my own eyes and not just in highlight videos. But he does seem more physically ready and coordinated than what a Garrett Stutz was when he arrived on campus. And he has a more well rounded game and better hands than an Ehimen.
www.wheatshockers.com

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 11th, 2016, 6:05 pm

He's actually the fourth rated center (which happens to be the fourth rated player overall) born in 1997. The three players rated above him: one was drafted by the NBA last year. One was worked out by the NBA, but playing overseas, one is a top 10 recruit signed at Arizona, then the Dane (rated 3.5*, or around 150 in the US).

He's 7-0, 265 and made of muscle. He plays in the same league is ISU grad DeVaughn Akorn -Purcell and is third in the league in rebounds and 7th in blocks. From the ranking and competition he is playing against, he is likely competing at or slightly above MVC level.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting