Taylor Bruninga

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Taylor Bruninga

Postby Blers » February 16th, 2017, 11:14 am

Hey all! Just curious to see if any of you have seen Taylor Bruninga play. He's a senior who plays for the Illinois Bluffs. He's been putting up huge numbers and has offers from UNI and Illinois State but has also gotten looks from Loyola, Indiana State, and Bradley. He plays against fairly weak competition from what i understand but he is getting looks from all levels of college (Kansas recently scouted him, Creighton is in with LU tonight). Just curious if anyone in central Illinois seen him in person, would love to hear a report!
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Taylor Bruninga

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Taylor Bruninga

Postby tribecalledquest » February 18th, 2017, 10:40 pm

Blers wrote:Hey all! Just curious to see if any of you have seen Taylor Bruninga play. He's a senior who plays for the Illinois Bluffs. He's been putting up huge numbers and has offers from UNI and Illinois State but has also gotten looks from Loyola, Indiana State, and Bradley. He plays against fairly weak competition from what i understand but he is getting looks from all levels of college (Kansas recently scouted him, Creighton is in with LU tonight). Just curious if anyone in central Illinois seen him in person, would love to hear a report!

I guess Redbird Recon could tell us more--but it was my understanding some of the offers were walk on for a year, then get four years.

But Loyola offered him as well.

He's one of those guys every Bradley fan is talking about. There is a love for local, small town, white dudes. And no one really knows how good he is. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I have not seen him play. I know a guy who saw him play a good (but small school) Mt. Pulaski team last night. Mt. Pulaski has a 6-7 kid. Bruninga only had 15. Take that FWIW.

HIs recruitment is similar to that of Matt Chastain last year who ended up at Loyola. All kinds of MVC schools offered in the spring after putting up huge numbers in small school Illinois basketball.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird Recon » February 19th, 2017, 1:48 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
Blers wrote:Hey all! Just curious to see if any of you have seen Taylor Bruninga play. He's a senior who plays for the Illinois Bluffs. He's been putting up huge numbers and has offers from UNI and Illinois State but has also gotten looks from Loyola, Indiana State, and Bradley. He plays against fairly weak competition from what i understand but he is getting looks from all levels of college (Kansas recently scouted him, Creighton is in with LU tonight). Just curious if anyone in central Illinois seen him in person, would love to hear a report!

I guess Redbird Recon could tell us more--but it was my understanding some of the offers were walk on for a year, then get four years.

He's one of those guys every Bradley fan is talking about. There is a love for local, small town, white dudes. And no one really knows how good he is. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.

I have not seen him play. I know a guy who saw him play a good (but small school) Mt. Pulaski team last night. Mt. Pulaski has a 6-7 kid. Bruninga only had 15. Take that FWIW.

HIs recruitment is similar to that of Matt Chastain last year who ended up at Loyola. All kinds of MVC schools offered in the spring after putting up huge numbers in small school Illinois basketball.

I thought he was D2/LM when I watched him this past spring in AAU. Apparently he has grown since then. He's skilled with great range. He truly does play against some awful competition. With that being said, he has put up some stupid numbers this season. You're correct about the parameters for the offers from UNI and ISU. The fact that Coach Jake doesn't see him as a must-have guy tells me something. Muller has one to play with, so apparently he doesn't either.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » February 19th, 2017, 11:18 am

Redbird Recon wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:

I thought he was D2/LM when I watched him this past spring in AAU. Apparently he has grown since then. He's skilled with great range. He truly does play against some awful competition. With that being said, he has put up some stupid numbers this season. You're correct about the parameters for the offers from UNI and ISU. The fact that Coach Jake doesn't see him as a must-have guy tells me something. Muller has one to play with, so apparently he doesn't either.

Thanks for this.

I am not a Bradley fan who wants Brian Wardle to offer him a scholarship. Not as much from a talent standpoint but with Ryan Stipanovich coming in I don't see him as a need really.

I saw Bucknell offered him. Patriot League would maybe be the right fit.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » February 21st, 2017, 3:32 pm

Appreciate all the responses. The stat about him going against another 6'7' kid is super discouraging. From what I've read he does a lot of work around the perimeter and likely gets rebounds off size alone. Will be interesting to see where he ends up.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » February 21st, 2017, 5:33 pm

His UNI offer is a 4 for 5. Looked at as a Nate Buss type. No expectation that he'll ever play inside.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » March 10th, 2017, 9:30 am

Per Roy Schmidt he's taking officials to LUC, UNI, and ISUr.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby shockalot » March 10th, 2017, 9:05 pm

Well, sounds like if a Valley team wants him he'll be coming to play in the MVC.
shockalot
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbird Recon » March 17th, 2017, 7:52 am

I'm told Loyola is actually offering him a scholarship next year.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » March 17th, 2017, 10:38 am

I've seen the same on twitter. Still kinda iffy. For a comparison player in the MVC the only one i could really think of is Van Soyc from ISUb... thoughts recon?
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting