Bears close out Spring with two committs

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby BEARZ77 » April 10th, 2017, 4:52 pm

The Bears closed out their spring recruiting with two verbals in the last three days, one of them highly significant. Over the weekend they got a verbal from 6'6 Abdul-Hakim Fofana , a D-2 juco player from Dakota College. Fofana from Faso, Africa averaged 15.4 ppg and 11.8 rbs. He's a sophomore eligible and definitely needs some developing, but he blew the staff away in his workout with Obediah Church like run and jump athleticism and they decided to offer right then.

The big get though and I am really excited for this one is James JT Miller a graduate transfer from Howard University. JT is 6'4 and averaged 14.7 ppg last year after sitting out the previous year with a hand injury to his shooting hand. He struggled a bit with returning to form as his shooting % dropped from a really good sophomore year, but still he averaged 14.7ppg had back to back 30 point games one of which was against Georgetown, and he gives the Bears an experienced proven D-1 double digit scorer to augment Alize Johnson. His highlight clip shows someone who is an athletic 6'4 and can score at all levels, treys, pull-ups, floaters, and at the rim.

That should do us as it appears pretty certain Ronnie Rousseau will be back to take the only other opening still there.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Kavion Pippen To SIU

Postby underdawg » April 13th, 2017, 3:10 pm

The Bears have as much talent on roster and signed this year, as any body in the Valley---I know some say that Coach Lusk needs another gear as far as being a game coach--but he sure the heck can recruit

Oh one question for Bear fans: who will be your PG this coming season?
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

Re: Kavion Pippen To SIU

Postby BEARZ77 » April 13th, 2017, 6:03 pm

underdawg wrote:The Bears have as much talent on roster and signed this year, as any body in the Valley---I know some say that Coach Lusk needs another gear as far as being a game coach--but he sure the heck can recruit

Oh one question for Bear fans: who will be your PG this coming season?

Ronnie Rousseau is back and fully eligible, which is huge. I think he jumps to the front of the list as far as pgs in the Valley preseason. Backing him we have 3 options who are all a little different. Dixon played point a lot late last year and gives you a 6'3 kid who can get in the lane, defend, but isn't a great outside shot. Boogie Williams was heralded as a 6'5 pg coming out of HS, but we really haven't seen what he can do yet. As a top 150 recruit, he's intriguing . And then a kid I think is underrated is freshman Mustafa Lawrence, a 6'0 pg from New Jersey who went to prep school last year. As a senior he averaged 28ppg and 5 assists.

But this will be Rousseau's team and w/o the fluctuation between him and Dequan Miller, I look for Rousseau to show his full game which is considerable .Even while just adjusting and having some other issues last year, he averaged 11 ppg and shot 48% fg, 39 % 3pt, and 80% with a 2: 1 assist /to ratio. thru about 11 games.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting