Ramblers Land Guard Lucas Williamson

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » April 18th, 2017, 8:22 am

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hi ... story.html

http://www.suntimeshighschoolsports.com ... illiamson/

Two time state champ for Whitney Young. Team first, do-it-all glue guy. Pretty high on this kid because he does everything well and is a coaches dream in terms of his personality. The one knock against him was while he was good at everything but you couldn't point to one thing he was great at yet. Though his 3pt shot showed massive improvement in his senior season so he could specialize down the line.

With this Loyola lands 40% of the Tribunes all state team (Krutwig the other member) as well another Chicago public league kid to pair with Ingram.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers Land Guard Lucas Williamson

Postby tribecalledquest » April 18th, 2017, 9:43 am

I really like Williamson. I think he will be a good Valley player. Not spectacular, just solid. Moser has done a great job recruiting in state IL talent and Chicago area talent.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 18th, 2017, 10:01 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I really like Williamson. I think he will be a good Valley player. Not spectacular, just solid. Moser has done a great job recruiting in state IL talent and Chicago area talent.

If Loyola had a 7K seat arena and fans I'd be more okay with them being in the league moving forward.

The talent certainly seems to be moving up
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 18th, 2017, 10:12 am

uniftw wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I really like Williamson. I think he will be a good Valley player. Not spectacular, just solid. Moser has done a great job recruiting in state IL talent and Chicago area talent.

If Loyola had a 7K seat arena and fans I'd be more okay with them being in the league moving forward.

I hear ya...but in the end I just want good basketball programs. Loyola has certainly been holding its weight more than some old time league members---Bradley, Drake, etc.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 18th, 2017, 10:31 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
uniftw wrote:

I hear ya...but in the end I just want good basketball programs. Loyola has certainly been holding its weight more than some old time league members---Bradley, Drake, etc.

True.

I guess Loyola filling their arena on a nightly basis is acceptable as well.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 18th, 2017, 10:50 am

uniftw wrote:
I guess Loyola filling their arena on a nightly basis is acceptable as well.

Im not as concerned with how big the arena is...I just would like to see them full. A full 4,500 in Gentile would be a great environment for games. I think recruits like atmosphere and don't worry about the size of the place (insert that's what she said comment here).
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » April 18th, 2017, 12:15 pm

The atmosphere in Gentile can really be electric. It holds just under 4500, but it traps sound so well that it can get really loud. Even at 3000 makes for a really nice atmosphere given how close everyone is. It's just getting that on a consistent basis. I will say it has been getting better, student attendance was certainly up, but it's still a ways off.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 18th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Blers wrote:The atmosphere in Gentile can really be electric. It holds just under 4500, but it traps sound so well that it can get really loud. Even at 3000 makes for a really nice atmosphere given how close everyone is. It's just getting that on a consistent basis. I will say it has been getting better, student attendance was certainly up, but it's still a ways off.

The problem is you guys never get to 3,000 a game :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 18th, 2017, 12:37 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Blers wrote:The atmosphere in Gentile can really be electric. It holds just under 4500, but it traps sound so well that it can get really loud. Even at 3000 makes for a really nice atmosphere given how close everyone is. It's just getting that on a consistent basis. I will say it has been getting better, student attendance was certainly up, but it's still a ways off.

The problem is you guys never get to 3,000 a game :)

Yup.

I go back to the year UNI was ranked in the top 15 when they rolled into Gentile and the attendance was officially listed at 1,700. I vividly remember it wasn't 1,700 and those at the game said there was more UNI fans than Loyola fans there. The guess was about 7-800 UNI fans and 400 or so Loyola fans.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » April 18th, 2017, 1:14 pm

You don't have to tell me what you already know. I got to that UNI Game as soon as doors open to get front row seats as a student. Was extremely bummed by the turnout.

That said we landed 3 of the top players in state. Not to mention chastain will be back and playing next year. Hopefully that'll bring in more local crowds and build it up through word of mouth.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting