Ramblers Sign Second Leading Scorer in JUCO

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » April 19th, 2017, 10:44 am

Loyola Just signed Adarius Avery out of Connors State.

6'5' wing averaged 24 points, 10.9 rebounds, and 3.8 assists. Was ranked the 36th best player in JUCO and ranked second in scoring at the JUCO level. Explosive athlete and slasher.

Though Taylor Bruninga was still scheduled to visit this weekend. Would be interesting to see if they downgrade the offer to a 5 for 4 deal like UNI after this signing (I know ISUr upgraded him to 4 for 4).
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers Sign Second Leading Scorer in JUCO

Postby tribecalledquest » April 19th, 2017, 11:02 am

Good job by Porter. I personally want to see ALL MVC teams recruit at a high level. Moser appears to have done so--at least on paper.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 19th, 2017, 12:34 pm

Porter might actually be building something, if he can figure out in game stuff.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » April 19th, 2017, 2:22 pm

The talent influx these past two seasons has been HUGE. Last year it was stymied by injury to Chastain and transfer rules for Townes. But from who did play you could see that Aundre Jackson was severely under recruited and was a real steal for us; while Satterwhite's play really picked up in the final weeks of the season and looks to be a major piece by his junior year (he missed his senior season with an ACL injury). With just the past two recruiting classes you'll see six new players probably playing heavily next season for the Ramblers.

3 star Cam Krutwig
3/4 star Christian Negron
3 star Matt Chastain
3 star Marques Townes
All state first team Lucas Williamson
Avery

Depth was a big issue for the team last year and when we lost (in my opinion) it was less because of on the court calls and more because of tired legs. It was most apparent in games against SIU, MSU, and Evansville where we just couldn't hit anything. I think a lot of that was due to only being able to really trust the core 5 for most of the season. Bruno Skokna was a solid facilitator as a freshmen but his shot just wouldn't fall. By the time Cam caught on it was a bit late in the season and Tyson Smith seems like he'll always be a streaky player. Minute wise next season however we'll basically have 6 new players to replace Milton (heavy minutes), Maurice Kirby (10 mpg), and Granic (barely played in conference).
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting