Ramblers Sign 7 foot Graduate Transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » May 5th, 2017, 2:46 pm

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/m- ... 17aaa.html

Carson Shanks out of North Dakota. Put up good numbers in limited minutes (looks pretty foul prone). Probably will contribute about 15 mpg. Killed UNI last year with 17 points and 5 boards in 17 minutes. Adds much needed size to LU without locking up a scholarship for too long. Gives Krutwig a big body to battle with in practice and takes some pressure off him as a freshmen.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers Sign 7 foot Graduate Transfer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 7:00 am

If you are seven feet tall, how do you only average five points and two rebounds in a low-major conference. What makes you think he will improve in an even better Missouri Valley?

Also, I don't understand why any big would go to Loyola. It is essentially where bigs go to die. Look at the turnover rate for forwards under Moser, it is unbelievable. One player I really liked was Rajala, yet Moser ruined him because he only wanted him to set screens and not shoot.

Moser never utilizes bigs in his offense, this UND kid will be another non-factor.

Have fun guarding Alize Johnson and Phil Fayne.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 9th, 2017, 8:26 am

Hey there, didn't say he'd be better in the valley, or even that he was a big time addition. Just that he added size and 15mpg! Dude was super foul prone so his minutes were very limited at ND.

Montel James made second team all conference two years ago, Aundre Jackson is undersized but was a post player who won 6th man of the year. Christian Thomas also played very well under the basket.

In terms of bigs who have left, Rajala had potential but frequently made mental mistakes and his ball skills were at times a liability, ended up D2 averaging 10 points as a 22 year old junior...

Most other bigs who left (there was a front court exodus in 2014) didn't do much with the exception of Matt O'Leary who played well at a lower level IUPUI. Osbourne transferred to IUPUI, played well, but disappeared from the team. Cody Johnson fell off the map and i believe he ended up at D2. Pernell Adgei barely played at the JUCO he went to... Honestly seems more like the talent wasn't there for most.

Kirby is a grad transfer.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 2:42 pm

Blers wrote:Hey there, didn't say he'd be better in the valley, or even that he was a big time addition. Just that he added size and 15mpg! Dude was super foul prone so his minutes were very limited at ND.

Montel James made second team all conference two years ago, Aundre Jackson is undersized but was a post player who won 6th man of the year. Christian Thomas also played very well under the basket.

In terms of bigs who have left, Rajala had potential but frequently made mental mistakes and his ball skills were at times a liability, ended up D2 averaging 10 points as a 22 year old junior...

Most other bigs who left (there was a front court exodus in 2014) didn't do much with the exception of Matt O'Leary who played well at a lower level IUPUI. Osbourne transferred to IUPUI, played well, but disappeared from the team. Cody Johnson fell off the map and i believe he ended up at D2. Pernell Adgei barely played at the JUCO he went to... Honestly seems more like the talent wasn't there for most.

Kirby is a grad transfer.

And you don't there to be more fouling in a more aggressive league?

Keep drinking that Moser Kool-Aid.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 9th, 2017, 3:18 pm

................you're picking a fight over a grad transfer............ who I'm implying is a solid depth guy.......who will be limited due to aforementioned fouls........ so uh.......... sorry?

Seems like someone at LU just made ya mad?
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 9th, 2017, 3:22 pm

The way your delusional message board fans make him out to be the second coming of Seth Tuttle.

Can't wait to see him get baptized to Valley by Thik Bol sending his shot to the second deck.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Blers » May 9th, 2017, 3:49 pm

Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » May 9th, 2017, 8:57 pm

I don't think picking up a mature, 7 footer this late in the game is something to sneeze at. Not a game changer but this league isn't dominated by awesome big men.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Make MVC Great Again » May 10th, 2017, 7:13 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I don't think picking up a mature, 7 footer this late in the game is something to sneeze at. Not a game changer but this league isn't dominated by awesome big men.

I'm evaluating him off his production at a lower level, terrible, and then to the system he is going and it is a place where bigs go to die. Therefore, he is a non-factor.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting