Ramblers add 4 Star Big

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Blers » September 15th, 2017, 11:45 am

Continuing a really solid streak, Loyola adds 3/4 star big man Frank Agunanne out of La Lumiere. He's a 6'8' defensive monster. Everything i've seen says he's got real potential to be an elite defender/rebounder at this level, and his a budding mid range game. He also has a grown mans body already and plays for La Lumiere which is one of the best programs in the country. Assuming his offensive touch grows it could be huge when paired with Krutwig and Negron down the line! Otherwise, at the least he's a solid rebounder/interior defender. Other offers I could included: DePaul, Old Dominion, Nebraska, TCU, Tulsa, and SMU.

http://scout.com/college/basketball/rec ... -107436680

http://midwesthoopsspotlight.com/la-lum ... to-loyola/
Last edited by Blers on September 18th, 2017, 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Ramblers add 3 Star Big

Postby Drakey » September 15th, 2017, 3:05 pm

Loyola's recruiting over the past couple years has been really good.
Drakey
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 360
Joined: August 6th, 2010, 9:21 am

Re: Ramblers add 2 Star Big

Postby ohnewby » September 21st, 2017, 8:21 am

Seems like a very deceiving heading. He's a 2 Star recruit with one other offer from Tulsa. Still a good get for Loyola to beat out Tulsa and the kid seems like he has potential, but nobody in the Valley has landed a 4 Star big recruit in decades.
ohnewby
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On
 
Posts: 5
Joined: September 20th, 2016, 10:19 am

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Blers » September 21st, 2017, 10:14 am

ohnewby wrote:Seems like a very deceiving heading. He's a 2 Star recruit with one other offer from Tulsa. Still a good get for Loyola to beat out Tulsa and the kid seems like he has potential, but nobody in the Valley has landed a 4 Star big recruit in decades.


I thought the same at first. But his ESPN page lists him as a 4 star product, Scout and Rivals a 3 star. His verbal commits page doesn't seem like it's been well maintained (which i've noticed a lot recently with some Chicago kids, take Talen Horton Tucker for example).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... -aguananne
http://www.scout.com/Player/Franklin-Agunanne-94251
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... anne-96963

Plus if you read the stories posted in the initial article they note his offers. That said as a homer I'm going to note the ESPN four star over the 3's :D
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby tribecalledquest » September 22nd, 2017, 10:38 am

Blers wrote:
ohnewby wrote:Seems like a very deceiving heading. He's a 2 Star recruit with one other offer from Tulsa. Still a good get for Loyola to beat out Tulsa and the kid seems like he has potential, but nobody in the Valley has landed a 4 Star big recruit in decades.


I thought the same at first. But his ESPN page lists him as a 4 star product, Scout and Rivals a 3 star. His verbal commits page doesn't seem like it's been well maintained (which i've noticed a lot recently with some Chicago kids, take Talen Horton Tucker for example).

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... -aguananne
http://www.scout.com/Player/Franklin-Agunanne-94251
https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/ ... anne-96963

Plus if you read the stories posted in the initial article they note his offers. That said as a homer I'm going to note the ESPN four star over the 3's :D


For the list I put together I use the verbalcommits.com offer list for consistency. They seem to be the most accurate and up to date on legit offers.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 954
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Blers » September 22nd, 2017, 3:20 pm

Totally fair! It's definitely the most convenient if you're making a list of all schools! I'd just encourage fans to double check their players scouting reports. I've just noticed there's been a recent slack in VC's consistency. Talen Horton Tucker is one of the hottest recruits in the midwest but he's still only a two star on their site despite being a four star on most services.

Also wanted to provide some evidence that Agunanne is listed as a four star on ESPN.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Make MVC Great Again » September 22nd, 2017, 3:53 pm

If he's a four star prospect why isn't he listed on the ESPN 100?

The four star that committed the UNI is.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... errankings

Clowns.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 133
Joined: May 8th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby BEARZ77 » September 23rd, 2017, 6:26 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:If he's a four star prospect why isn't he listed on the ESPN 100?

The four star that committed the UNI is.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... errankings

Clowns.


This was an easy call as to how quickly he'd show up. :Bam:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 646
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Blers » September 23rd, 2017, 11:38 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Make MVC Great Again wrote:If he's a four star prospect why isn't he listed on the ESPN 100?

The four star that committed the UNI is.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/bask ... errankings

Clowns.


This was an easy call as to how quickly he'd show up. :Bam:


Hahahaha it was longer than I thought though!

There's more than 100 4 star players in the ESPN database wiz kid. Takes literally 5 seconds to see that.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Make MVC Great Again » September 26th, 2017, 9:03 am

Hey delusional,

ESPN updates those things monthly, meaning this guy isn't a legit four star if his page hasn't been updated for quite a while.

Kid probably peaked early in 9th or 10th grade then the competition caught up to him.

Hope he likes playing in empty stadiums. Save him a half-eaten Chik-fil-a sandwich because that's all your sorry program is worth.
Make MVC Great Again
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player
 
Posts: 133
Joined: May 8th, 2017, 1:18 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Lusuperfan1 » September 26th, 2017, 11:45 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:Hey delusional,

ESPN updates those things monthly, meaning this guy isn't a legit four star if his page hasn't been updated for quite a while.

Kid probably peaked early in 9th or 10th grade then the competition caught up to him.

Hope he likes playing in empty stadiums. Save him a half-eaten Chik-fil-a sandwich because that's all your sorry program is worth.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Welcome back shoxcity troll; we missed you!

To your point about "peaking" early on as a high schooler: he plays on the best high school team in the country. Literally. La Lu won the national championship last year. This is an awesome pickup for us
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer
 
Posts: 28
Joined: May 11th, 2017, 2:17 pm

Re: Ramblers add 4 Star Big

Postby Blers » September 27th, 2017, 10:54 am

Make MVC Great Again wrote:Kid probably peaked early in 9th or 10th grade then the competition caught up to him.


Your posting history gives off the vibe that you would know a lot about peaking early. People are tired of the same song and dance, play something new.

Literally read one of the 5 links of evidence I posed in this thread. Or these tweets noting he's a four star as recently as June, and that he had P5 interest:
https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/status/ ... 4138119168
https://twitter.com/PaulBiancardi/statu ... 4088105985
https://twitter.com/coreyevans_10/statu ... 3347639297


Also his Verbal Commits page was recently updated to reflect his ranking.
https://verbalcommits.com/players/franklin-agunanne

Anyway, it's not fun man, I don't blindly dump on any teams, grow up.
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 262
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests