BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby BEARZ77 » September 24th, 2017, 12:24 am

MSU reportedly has gotten a verbal from former Indiana University SG, 6'5 Grant Gelon. Gelon played 1 year at IU but then felt he was forced out by the new staff after Tom Crean left this spring. He will play at State Fair CC in Mo. in 2017-18 and then join the Bears with 2 years remaining eligibility in 2018. Gelon was regarded as a premier 3 point threat when signed by Indiana in 2016.

Bears also are rumored as front runner for Xavier transfer Jared Ridder, a 6'7 forward from Springfield Kickapoo who had signed with Xavier last fall, but left there recently and would have 4 years eligibility starting in 2018.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby jackwagon » September 24th, 2017, 6:23 am

Do the bears have a open scholarship for the upcoming season?
jackwagon
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 309
Joined: November 14th, 2011, 7:33 pm

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby BEARZ77 » September 24th, 2017, 7:27 am

jackwagon wrote:Do the bears have a open scholarship for the upcoming season?


Not really for 2017-18; although there is a situation that could make one so. We already have a D-2 juco
All American guard [Byrd] who is walking on this year. He may or may not rs , and probably gets a scholy next year. If he rs, we have him 2 more years after this. But the fluid situation is with Greg Williams; he may not be medically able to play and if so could be moved to where he is still on scholarship but not as a rs . It would end his career here, which unfortunately never got started, but obviously with privacy laws, the questions about his status have not been addressed publically and won't until something definite is decided.

For next year[ 2018-19] we have 5 scholys currently, plus Williams in limbo. We have filled 3, so have 2-3 left. Byrd could be one. Again a pretty fluid situation for now.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby Blers » September 24th, 2017, 12:21 pm

Nice! Is he primarily a 3pt shooter or is there potential elsewhere for him in the offense?

All I've seen is that the kid has RANGE. Congrats!
Blers
MVC starter
MVC starter
 
Posts: 279
Joined: March 21st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby BEARZ77 » September 24th, 2017, 1:33 pm

Blers wrote:Nice! Is he primarily a 3pt shooter or is there potential elsewhere for him in the offense?

All I've seen is that the kid has RANGE. Congrats!


Looks pretty much a spot up shooter, but a decent height with quick release. Not a star, but a piece.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby tribecalledquest » September 25th, 2017, 10:32 am

BEARZ77 wrote:
Blers wrote:Nice! Is he primarily a 3pt shooter or is there potential elsewhere for him in the offense?

All I've seen is that the kid has RANGE. Congrats!


Looks pretty much a spot up shooter, but a decent height with quick release. Not a star, but a piece.


If MSU is good he will play 15 minutes or so off the bench.
tribecalledquest
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 956
Joined: August 4th, 2010, 10:57 am

Re: BEARS GET VERBAL FROM INDIANA TRANSFER

Postby BEARZ77 » September 25th, 2017, 10:47 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:
Blers wrote:Nice! Is he primarily a 3pt shooter or is there potential elsewhere for him in the offense?

All I've seen is that the kid has RANGE. Congrats!


Looks pretty much a spot up shooter, but a decent height with quick release. Not a star, but a piece.


If MSU is good he will play 15 minutes or so off the bench.


That'd be fine; 6-8 ppg and 40% + from trey and I'll be a happy camper.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
All MVC
All MVC
 
Posts: 662
Joined: June 5th, 2011, 6:54 am


Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest