Jared Ridder to MSU

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Jared Ridder to MSU

Postby BEARZ77 » September 25th, 2017, 10:21 am

Hearing it's a done deal; huge get for the Bears. Local kid who was an ESPN 4****, ranked 133 on Rivals, #1 in Missouri in 2017, and #23 SF in class of 2017. ESPN : "Ridder is one of the best shooters in the class of 2017. Look for Ridder to be one of the best 3 point shooters in the Big east in years to come [ upon signing with Xavier]" Ridder who apparently left Xavier because he found he just wanted to be around family and home environment will have to RS in 2017 and will have a full 4 years starting in 2018. He can practice this year with the Bears. Been a good week to be a Bear with Gelon and now Ridder added for 2018.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Jared Ridder to MSU

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jared Ridder to MSU

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 25th, 2017, 12:56 pm

That's huge news if confirmed. That kid is stud and had bunches of major offers as a senior in high school last year. Big get for the Bears.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Blers » September 25th, 2017, 2:28 pm

That'll certainly lessen the loss of Alize next season. Kinda like Agunanne, Ridder's verbal commits page hasn't been updated to reflect his 4 star status, but it's legit.

I really feel like the Valley has stepped up recruiting big time this season. UNI, MSO, and LUC all picked up ESPN 4 star recruits in the last month or so. Javon Freeman Liberty is a 3 star for Valpo, I'm a big fan of Kendle Moore out of Drake. Exciting stuff, a lot of teams have stepped up their recruiting with Wichita's exit.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » September 25th, 2017, 2:44 pm

I really like our 4 person class for 2018 and we might add one more yet either now or in the spring. The good thing is other than Mohammed Kabir, none will probably be expected to step right into starters roles, although a couple could. I think Bell is perhaps the one most under the radar and undervalued. I really like that kid. I'm pretty ok with our roster for next year at this point.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » September 26th, 2017, 12:43 pm

I love seeing this news. He will step in as Alize leaves. Great get and glad to keep a local kid home.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Lusuperfan1 » September 26th, 2017, 12:57 pm

This point is unrelated to Ridder (who I think is a great get), I think WSU's absence will help this conference recruit in the long run. I think the fact that kids will give another look to a school like MSU or anyone else will now have a chance to make the tourney without having to be a top 25 team or upset WSU in STL. That NCAA Tournament hope will help a lot of programs grow and land some bigger recruits. Conversely, I also think that's why it's so hard for a bad program in a bigger conference like DePaul to get off the ground.
Lusuperfan1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting