Bradley signs 6'7 Juco player Chudier Bile

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Majik45 » April 17th, 2018, 10:12 am

Bradley got a signed NLI from a guy who visited campus this past weekend, 6'7 Juco player Chudier Bile. He is originally from Denver and played at Otero Junior College in La Junta. Appears to be the replacement for Donte Thomas we needed inside.

https://bradleybraves.com/news/2018/4/1 ... o-nli.aspx

Bradley has 1 more scholarship left to give, assuming that 7'1 recruit Ari Boya is able to reclassify as a 2018 recruit instead of a 2019 recruit.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley signs 6'7 Juco player Chudier Bile

Postby PurpleRedbird » April 19th, 2018, 7:13 am

Might be a replacement from a physical standpoint, but will have to do a lot to really replace Thomas. Was one of the most underrated / important players to his team in the entire MVC if you ask me. I'm certainly not a Bradley fan, but greatly respected Thomas for sticking it out at Bradley when he could have gone to greener (or at least different) pastures many times. Always seemed like a very mature young man to me with great leadership qualities.
PurpleRedbird
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jackwagon » April 19th, 2018, 7:44 am

I've seen Bile live. He is a nice rotational player at our level. Thomas was 2nd team all valley. He fills a need but not that void.
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Majik45 » April 19th, 2018, 2:21 pm

Agree with both of you that he will not replace Thomas, as he really was a HUGE part of Bradley's success this year. Thomas has a lot of respect from the Bradley faithful because he was the ONLY one who stuck it out through the coaching change, and worked hard to become 2nd team all MVC. He had to play thru some tough years, and besides improving his game, he was an outstanding student athlete that represented Bradley very well. If Bradley continues it's upward trend, Thomas will be remembered for helping to start that.

As far as Bile goes, he fills a need for sure that Bradley has with losing Thomas. He won't be able to replace Thomas's production, but hopefully between Elijah Childs and Koch Bar being a year older, adding Bile and hopefully 7'1 Freshman Ari Booya, we will be close to the same production we had from our front court this past year. Who knows, maybe Luuk Van Bree will even make a leap forward to more playing time in his senior year.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 19th, 2018, 2:30 pm

jackwagon wrote:I've seen Bile live. He is a nice rotational player at our level. Thomas was 2nd team all valley. He fills a need but not that void.

Correct. And he isn't recruited as such. The HOPE is Childs becomes Thomas and Bile becomes Childs. Bile is hoped to be able to give a good 15-20 minutes off the bench. I think that is fair. The staff is banking on Eli Childs being really good.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » July 9th, 2018, 1:41 pm

Well Chudier Bile--we hardly knew ya.

Bile got his release from Bradley today and will not be a part of the team. He had a good run though :D
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting