Ramblers Land Forward Tom Welch

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » August 13th, 2018, 7:50 am

The Ramblers got a verbal commitment from Tom Welch, a 6'7 forward out of Naperville. Welch was rated anywhere from 5-7 in Illinois and held offers from Ole Miss, FAU, Belmont, Kent State, Bradley, SIU and more while also being courted by Clemson, Wisconsin, and Northwestern. He's AAU teammates with Paxson Wojcik our other commit thus far. Both probably could have gone to a higher level had they chosen to wait; awesome to wrap some of these kids up early.

Welch is a do it all forward; scores, defends, rebounds, his shot from 3 is growing. Perfect system guy for Moser that'll give opponents headaches sooner rather than later.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers Land Forward Tom Welch

Postby BCPanther » August 13th, 2018, 8:20 am

Not sure how you can't be excited for the next few years in this league. With the possible exceptions of Indiana State and SIU, the talent that everybody is bringing in is as good as the league has in years.

You can legitimately see big runs for Loyola, Illinois State and UNI and tournament level teams from Bradley. Missouri State and Valpo. Not fair to judge Drake and Evansville at this point but I am certain Drake made the right hire and pretty confident that Evansville did. The only two I have real skepticism on are SIU and Indiana State and those reasons are more financial than anything. SIU is in a financial crisis and stuck with Barry, who I love as a soundbite, but hasn't really done much as far as getting to that next level and Indiana State is just a mystery...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting