Bears new 2019 PG ranked #35 in the country

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Kip Dynamite » September 13th, 2018, 8:15 am

Bears latest signee, Dujuan Harris is ranked the 2019 #35 best Point guard in the country according to Rivals. Coach Ford continues to rack up talent.

https://n.rivals.com/position_rankings/ ... ll/2019/PG
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bears new 2019 PG ranked #35 in the country

Postby Adunk33 » September 13th, 2018, 8:58 am

Dana Ford is great. He's a lifelong Redbird and will have your team very good, very soon. He's recruited some of the best players to come through this league at ISU or at Wichita State. Ford is a great guy. It'll be tough to root against him twice a year.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » September 13th, 2018, 9:57 am

Dajuan had a great summer; went from unranked to #35 pg ; plays on a great Rock Bridge team from which we've also gotten Jamonta Black, 6'4 SG and have an offer out to teammate Isaiah Mosley, 6'5 wing who is the highest rated of the three, a top 150 in most rankings. Bears will be a bit thin this year with 3 transfer redshirts sitting out, so we have 10 scholy players and a w/o available. It's a good 10 , but hard to predict how we'll fare with so much transition and such a thin bench, but teams better get us this year, cause we could be salty for a while after that.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sir Sci » July 17th, 2019, 4:00 pm

Just to update folks on Harris, after committing to MO State and him winning the state championship with two teammates who are also Missouri State signees, Harris had to reclassify a year later due to academic reasons. After turning some heads, he has now committed to play for Kansas. Apparently he was still considering Missouri State even after the Kansas offer (though I'm doubtful he would have ultimately picked MSU), but when Ford Cooper decided to reclassify to come to Missouri State this season it made the decision for Harris.

It's sad to lose Harris, but at the same time it speaks to the ability of Ford to grab recruits with big promise if a guy who he got committed is good enough that Kansas wants him now.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » July 18th, 2019, 1:57 pm

For the record, I don't think anyone truly knows what's going on. We've heard he didn't have grades, doesn't have an ACT score, etc. He HAD to reclassify so too see him commit for this year is both alarming and unexplainable.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Kip Dynamite » July 18th, 2019, 2:30 pm

He said he may be able to reclassify based on his summer school grades but I would doubt it.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Sir Sci » July 18th, 2019, 3:22 pm

MSUDuo wrote:For the record, I don't think anyone truly knows what's going on. We've heard he didn't have grades, doesn't have an ACT score, etc. He HAD to reclassify so too see him commit for this year is both alarming and unexplainable.

This is fair, I just figured that an update should be provided due to the fact that Harris is no longer going to be an MVC player as far as we know.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MSUDuo » July 18th, 2019, 4:01 pm

Sir Sci wrote:
MSUDuo wrote:For the record, I don't think anyone truly knows what's going on. We've heard he didn't have grades, doesn't have an ACT score, etc. He HAD to reclassify so too see him commit for this year is both alarming and unexplainable.

This is fair, I just figured that an update should be provided due to the fact that Harris is no longer going to be an MVC player as far as we know.

Oh, it wasn't a shot at you. Your post was more than reasonable.

I've asked around (limited "sources") but no one really knows how he'll even come close to playing this year
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting