Bears get verball from 2019 California guard

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby BEARZ77 » October 5th, 2018, 6:31 am

Bears get commit from 2019 PG 6'3 Jordan Brinson. This is a really significant get by MSU , Brinson is a 4 star player per ESPN, the number 14 ranked player in California and the number 31 ranked pg nationally in 2019. He missed the last part of his senior year and most of the summer with a rib injury, but recently was named Most Outstanding Player in the 17u Premium playoff of the Las Vegas Classic , an event littered with top AAU teams and top 100 talent in the 2019-2020 classes. Described as ultra athletic with a blow away first step and someone who is just starting to touch his potential. Not sure where we are gonna put them all, but we're hauling in serious talent for next year, with 3 rs transfers sitting out and now 4 highly ranked HS guards and wings, and a juco post all verballed.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bears get verball from 2019 California guard

Postby Kip Dynamite » October 5th, 2018, 7:53 am

Bears are really stockpiling some serious talent. That's a four star and 2 three stars all ready in the boat for 2019 not to mention the transfers (4 star and 3 star) who have to sit out this year. The future looks very bright in Springfield.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BEARZ77 » October 5th, 2018, 9:43 am

I've seen some posts on other boards questioning his 4**** ranking with ESPN because he's not ranked at 247 or Rivals, and only had an offer from Loyola Marymount before commtting to MSU. Two things are, he changed schools heading into his sophmore season and then was injured part of this past season and missed part of the summer as well. He was a well regarded athlete, but still kind of under the radar, then he had a great last two months of the AAU season winning two MVP awards at tourneys dotted with top 100 talent. The Bears were his first offer and they pushed hard and got an early commit. Shows how important summer season is; Dajuan Harris was similar, went into the summer as perhaps the least regarded of the three players at Columbia Rockbridge HS behind Jamonta Black[ also MSU verbal] and Isaiah Mosley , had a great summer and is now #280 at 247 sports, the 35th ranked pg and ahead of both his teammates. I don't know if we have room for Mosley now with this signing. Mosley seems to be holding out for MIzzou although they've backed off him and seem disinterested, and he also has offers from Tulsa, Miss.St., and SMU.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rogers101 » October 5th, 2018, 1:04 pm

The signings this summer have been exciting. I can't wait until we get to see this talent on the court.
Rogers101
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MSUBears » October 7th, 2018, 6:51 am

I have not been this excited about the Bears in quite a while.
MSUBears
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby BEARZ77 » October 7th, 2018, 4:35 pm

MSUBears wrote:I have not been this excited about the Bears in quite a while.

Probably like 7 years , right ? Let's see Lusk was at MSU, oh my gosh, 7 years.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Adunk33 » October 9th, 2018, 5:14 pm

Dana Ford is a wizard on the recruiting trail. He always has been. I am just a fan who doesn't like to get too excited until a player is inked on that NLI. The Redbirds got burned by Bloomington's Chris Payton, who at the time had offers from Illinois, and Bradley and then VC'd to ISU. Since he reopened his recruitment, he had some interest from "bigger schools" (Kansas State was one for sure) right out of the gate but cooled overall. His offers currently stand: ILST, Valpo, SIU, New Mexico, Murray State, and Middle Tennessee State. All good MM schools but he was clearly looking for a larger offer. ILST is still very much involved with him.

I hope this guy makes it to Mo State! He'd be great for your program and for Coach Ford. I hope you get that letter between Nov 14 - 21.
Adunk33
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » October 10th, 2018, 9:44 am

I am generally skeptical of high school recruits from different parts of the country being huge successes in the MVC. I always ask myself "why did this player not end up at one of 25-30 schools between his home and Peoria, IL, Springfield, MO, etc." Of course there have been exceptions and maybe I've seen too much of it at Bradley. I just feel these guys are much greater risks to transfer and often times have "hidden" reasons schools closer to home don't recruit them harder.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » October 10th, 2018, 10:52 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I am generally skeptical of high school recruits from different parts of the country being huge successes in the MVC. I always ask myself "why did this player not end up at one of 25-30 schools between his home and Peoria, IL, Springfield, MO, etc." Of course there have been exceptions and maybe I've seen too much of it at Bradley. I just feel these guys are much greater risks to transfer and often times have "hidden" reasons schools closer to home don't recruit them harder.

I think the transfer issue especially if they don't play early is always a risk. I have no idea why this kid is a ESPN 4**** and had not garnered more attention until now. Like I posted he was voted the most valuable player in a couple AAU events dotted with top 100 talent from both the 2019 and 2020 classes late in the summer. This kid can play. I think Coach Ford is enjoying being able to combine his personality with showing recruits the resources at MSU and then selling them on the whole package of he and his staff, MSU, and the Valley as a next best option to a p-5 offer regardless of their locale.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting