Salukis Land another star!

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Salukis Land another star!

Postby Salukimadness86 » December 1st, 2018, 8:34 pm

Birdfan2018 wrote:Remind me; when was the last time SIU played on Sunday in the MVC Tournament. Illinois State 6 of the last 11. So don't give me that Southern Illinois is so much a better choice of a school than Illinois State.

Saluki basketball has been down in recent years, no doubt about it.

But for you to bring up the Valley Tournament, and playing on Sunday is just plain silly.
Of those six Sunday apperances, how many victories do your birds have?
ZERO! As long as Muller is your coach, you will never advance to the dance. The inmates run the show, not the head coach.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Hrtnfldhse » February 8th, 2019, 12:42 pm

https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high- ... op-story-1

Suspended for several games and then quits the team. Glad he went back in his ISU verbal
Hrtnfldhse
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby BEARZ77 » February 9th, 2019, 10:55 am

Hrtnfldhse wrote:https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-school/basketball/bloomington-high-star-chris-payton-leaves-basketball-team/article_6856cf9d-73f0-537b-8058-b788da608765.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

Suspended for several games and then quits the team. Glad he went back in his ISU verbal

No doubt he's talented , but troubled. Have to wait and see. However, the "wait and see" will probably extend to other SIU recruits and incumbents, given a likely coaching change. Usually see some roster churn in the aftermath.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Salukimadness86 » February 9th, 2019, 10:16 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Hrtnfldhse wrote:https://www.pantagraph.com/sports/high-school/basketball/bloomington-high-star-chris-payton-leaves-basketball-team/article_6856cf9d-73f0-537b-8058-b788da608765.html#tracking-source=home-top-story-1

No doubt he's talented , but troubled. Have to wait and see. However, the "wait and see" will probably extend to other SIU recruits and incumbents, given a likely coaching change. Usually see some roster churn in the aftermath.

Hinson did not recruit the three all state players verballed to SIU. Two assistants were involved. From what I have heard, 2 out of 3 are still solid on their commitments no matter what happens after the MVC Tournament. Payton being the wild card here. A real waste of talent for sure. This being said, we all have a story and I hope this kid is going to be okay.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby third rail » February 25th, 2019, 2:03 pm

I seriously doubt this kid will play anywhere in the Valley. Way too many warning flags. Quite a waste but he needs to get his life straight first.
third rail
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Milanmiracle » March 7th, 2019, 3:52 pm

third rail wrote:I seriously doubt this kid will play anywhere in the Valley. Way too many warning flags. Quite a waste but he needs to get his life straight first.

I suspect he’ll play, but for how long. Honestly the whole article was weird. His brother quit in a previous year? The coach has suspended other players this year too? What’s going on over there?
Milanmiracle
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting