Salukis Land another star!

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Salukimadness86 » November 21st, 2018, 9:50 pm

SIU just got a commitment from 6'7" Chris Payton, Bloomington, IL Kid has tons of potential and upside. Two scholarships left.
#SIURISING
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Salukis Land another star!

Postby BEARZ77 » November 22nd, 2018, 7:27 am

Salukimadness86 wrote:SIU just got a commitment from 6'7" Chris Payton, Bloomington, IL Kid has tons of potential and upside. Two scholarships left.
#SIURISING

That's a big get ; congrats to the Lil' General.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Salukimadness86 » November 22nd, 2018, 12:24 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:SIU just got a commitment from 6'7" Chris Payton, Bloomington, IL Kid has tons of potential and upside. Two scholarships left.
#SIURISING

That's a big get ; congrats to the Lil' General.

Not a huge fan of Hinson. As a Bear fan I'm sure you know what I'm talking about, but the three recruits committed thus far are solid. Needs to have a great season this year with six seniors to gain trust from me and other Saluki fans that he's the coach for the future.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » November 22nd, 2018, 1:26 pm

Been there, done that for 9 years. Barry is always polarizing of a fan base.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Salukimadness86 » November 22nd, 2018, 3:12 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Been there, done that for 9 years. Barry is always polarizing of a fan base.

Perfect example is today. We were absolutely smoked by UMass on national TV. This with six seniors, and year SEVEN. Whatever he can do to stay employed. Getting to 20 wins last year is fake news. Was really looking forward to this season after a horrible football season too. Sad
Oh well, Happy Thanksgiving all.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby VUGrad1314 » November 23rd, 2018, 12:16 pm

This is a big get for SIU. Valpo went after him pretty hard. The fanbase really wanted him. Glad he's still MVC bound though.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Salukimadness86 » November 23rd, 2018, 10:48 pm

VUGrad1314 wrote:This is a big get for SIU. Valpo went after him pretty hard. The fanbase really wanted him. Glad he's still MVC bound though.

It is a pretty good get for SIU. Looking forward to seeing this kid get a bit quicker, and add some strength as well.
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Birdfan2018 » November 30th, 2018, 1:42 pm

Salukimadness86 wrote:
VUGrad1314 wrote:This is a big get for SIU. Valpo went after him pretty hard. The fanbase really wanted him. Glad he's still MVC bound though.

It is a pretty good get for SIU. Looking forward to seeing this kid get a bit quicker, and add some strength as well.

He backed out of his verbal to Illinois State in hopes of getting a bigger offer. He didn't get one so he had to settle for either Valparaiso or Southern Illinois. If he shows that he is as good as you think he is he will be gone to a bigger program after a year or two. He has no loyalty.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Salukimadness86 » November 30th, 2018, 8:16 pm

Birdfan2018 wrote:
Salukimadness86 wrote:

He backed out of his verbal to Illinois State in hopes of getting a bigger offer. He didn't get one so he had to settle for either Valparaiso or Southern Illinois. If he shows that he is as good as you think he is he will be gone to a bigger program after a year or two. He has no loyalty.

I know about this kid, and his past. I know he has some baggage. Sounds like you're somewhat bitter over his recent commitment to the Salukis. Maybe the kid wanted to get out of Bloomington, and further away from ISU? Am I missing something here? Did he decommit from multiple schools or just "yourbirds"? IF SIU has a strong season this season, with the other recruits committed, and the opportunity for C P to start and contribute immediately, the future is extra bright for Saluki basketball. When you look at Saluki basketball history, it's really a no brainer for Chris.
#siurising

NIT Champs
7 NIT Appearances
3 NCAA Sweet 16 Apperances
11 NCAA Appearances
Salukimadness86
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Birdfan2018 » December 1st, 2018, 9:22 am

I know about this kid, and his past. I know he has some baggage. Sounds like you're somewhat bitter over his recent commitment to the Salukis. Maybe the kid wanted to get out of Bloomington, and further away from ISU? Am I missing something here? Did he decommit from multiple schools or just "yourbirds"? IF SIU has a strong season this season, with the other recruits committed, and the opportunity for C P to start and contribute immediately, the future is extra bright for Saluki basketball. When you look at Saluki basketball history, it's really a no brainer for Chris.
#siurising

NIT Champs
7 NIT Appearances
3 NCAA Sweet 16 Apperances
11 NCAA Appearances[/quote]

Not bitter at all. I would observe him sitting behind the bench during the Illinois State games before he decommited. Always on his phone, never really engaged with the game. When he decommitted many on the Redbird page had hopes of him changing his mind; not me. If he is that good, why did he not get bigger offers. If you think that he will not leave for a power 5 school if he gets an opportunity you may be sadly disappointed.

Remind me; when was the last time SIU played on Sunday in the MVC Tournament. Illinois State 6 of the last 11. So don't give me that Southern Illinois is so much a better choice of a school than Illinois State.
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting