Norwegian Guard Sigurd Lorange Commits to Valpo

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Norwegian Guard Sigurd Lorange Commits to Valpo

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Norwegian Guard Sigurd Lorange Commits to Valpo

Postby tribecalledquest » April 6th, 2019, 10:03 pm

Lorange played well for Norway in the FIBA U18 European championship this past summer. Norway wasn't real good, as it finished 13th in the B Division. Lorange averaged 17.8 PPG, 4.9 RPG, and 3.9 APG and shot 34% from three.

Bradley signed a couple guys who played in the U18 European championship as well.

Reink Mast played for the Netherlands team that won the B Division. Mast averaged 9.4 PPG, 6.9 RGP and 2.1 APG for the Dutch.

Ville Tahvanainen played for Finland. They finished 13th in the A Divison. He had a great tournament, averaging 22.3 PPG, 4.3 RPG and 4.3 APG while shooting 46% from three.

Finland is the 21st ranked team in the world, the Netherlands is 41 and Norway is 88.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » April 7th, 2019, 8:30 am

That means he put up these numbers with defenses largely keyed in on him to stop him. That's very encouraging and won't necessarily be the case for him on VU. Fazekas Gordon and Robinson will take a lot of that pressure off. I'm excited for this signing.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 7th, 2019, 10:04 am

VUGrad1314 wrote:That means he put up these numbers with defenses largely keyed in on him to stop him. That's very encouraging and won't necessarily be the case for him on VU. Fazekas Gordon and Robinson will take a lot of that pressure off. I'm excited for this signing.

I would be surprised if he is a huge difference maker as a freshman.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » April 7th, 2019, 12:39 pm

I agree but I think he absolutely could be one day. I do think we got a good one with some talent and potential here. But really I'm just glad to finally have somebody coming INTO the program for a change. Let's just hope he stays.
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 8th, 2019, 8:29 am

VUGrad1314 wrote:I agree but I think he absolutely could be one day. I do think we got a good one with some talent and potential here. But really I'm just glad to finally have somebody coming INTO the program for a change. Let's just hope he stays.

For sure. I think going the Euro route this late in the game is smart for Valpo.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby VUGrad1314 » April 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm

I hope this works because if it doesn't it's going to be a long few years... Lottich didn't exactly have the best of luck with his most recent international additions (Linssen and Sorolla who both transferred)
VUGrad1314
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Sir Sci » April 9th, 2019, 9:36 am

Well, it's good to see that Valpo is working towards actually having a team come next season!

But in all seriousness, I do hope that Valpo is able to add some quality recruits.
Sir Sci
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting