Harris reclassifies

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Harris reclassifies

Postby BEARZ77 » May 12th, 2019, 6:47 am

In what had been rumored for a couple months, MSU announced that 2019 pg recruit Dujuan Harris has reclassified to 2020. It would appear he will attend a prep school, although a juco could be a possibility. Rumor has it that another of the incoming freshman class might have some academic problems as well, but no name is confirmed. In some ways this does not hurt the MSU right now, especially if as expected Harris still joins the Bears down the road. Actually the Bears were one over in scholys for 2019-2020, so a move was going to have to take place in some manner. While seen as the pg to lead the team going forward, Harris probably would have backed Tyrik Dixon this year and possibly next. Similarly with Dixon and Josh Hall becoming eligible as transfers with 2 years each, and grad transfers West and Bonner also in the mix, it was likely one or more of the incoming freshmen would have redshirted or at least not been heavily in the rotation.

It's a bit of a conundrum with redshirting these days, because you can set yourself up for that 5th year to be played as a grad transfer for someone else if the player really develops. This could actually play to our benefit as long as we still retain Harris down the road, because a prep school year won't count towards anything eligibility wise if that's the route he takes. I just hope we keep him in the mix, because of all the incoming freshmen, he was the one I most coveted because he is a true pg and they are so difficult to find. In our favor for his still coming later is the fact that 2 of his HS and 1 AAU teammates are all part of the 4 man freshmen class. As noted there might be a similar issue for one of them, but we'll see . Either way, Ford covered his arse with his additional signings this spring.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Harris reclassifies

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Harris reclassifies

Postby BEARZ77 » July 9th, 2019, 5:21 pm

Harris who reclassified to 2020 and is now at Sunrise Christian, has now received an offer from Kansas. Gonna be tough to get him back now. I said all along he was the kid I wanted most in this incoming class, a silky smooth, athletic true pg. Not a done deal, but doubt we can keep him. His academic difficulties really hurt MSU . But have always said it's not about who you don't get, just who you do.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting