UNI 2020- Bowen Born

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

UNI 2020- Bowen Born

Postby BCPanther » August 24th, 2019, 6:45 pm

More later but Bowen Born committed to UNI tonight.

Massive, massive get
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

UNI 2020- Bowen Born

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI 2020- Bowen Born

Postby sivert » August 25th, 2019, 9:50 am

Great ball handling, shooting, high BB IQ, he’s a couple inches of height from P5 offers.

Panthers are super excited to land Bowen.
Go Panthers!!
sivert
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » August 25th, 2019, 10:34 am

Elite scorer. Left handed PG that is going to compliment AJ incredibly well. 28 PPG, 7 APG for Norwalk, IA (suburb of Des Moines). Size (5-10 165) is the only thing that kept him from multiple P5 offers. Hasn't had an issue getting his shot off against bigger defenders to this point.

#2 prospect in the state after Xavier Foster who is an (overrated) Top 75 7-footer most likely headed to Iowa State.

Was undoubtedly Drake's biggest target in the class, so it's a great get in many ways

Joins 6-7 wing Tytan Anderson and 6-4 CG Nate Heise in UNIs 2020 class. Still two rides open. One of those needs to be a big.
Last edited by BCPanther on October 21st, 2019, 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » August 25th, 2019, 2:13 pm

BCPanther wrote:Was undoubtedly Drake's biggest target in the class, so it's a great get in many ways

There's no question that Drake wanted him. Not sure I'd say he was the Bulldogs' biggest target. I'm glad he landed in the MVC even if Drake didn't get him.

When you look at Drake's roster, and what their needs are in this class, point guard would be at the bottom of the list. As much as I would have loved to see him end up at DU, I know that Drake still has 3 good point guards, all of who will be around for at least 2 more seasons.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby BCPanther » August 25th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Thanks DU. You feel the same way I would have if he'd have gone to Drake.

Your board, however, went from he's everything we want and he's a P5 kid that would be a starter from day one to saying he got scared by Drake's talent and he's not as good as people think in no time flat.

Every fan base has them but it's still pretty funny.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby veeny009 » August 26th, 2019, 7:19 am

To be fair, saying "your board" referring to the opinions of Drake Nation, is essentially referring to the opinions of 2-3 outspoken posters. Not very representative (nor is any message board really, but Drake's probably even moreso)
veeny009
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby MNPanthers » August 26th, 2019, 2:13 pm

veeny009 wrote:To be fair, saying "your board" referring to the opinions of Drake Nation, is essentially referring to the opinions of 2-3 outspoken posters. Not very representative (nor is any message board really, but Drake's probably even moreso)

Yeaaa, but it's still hilarious to see them do a total 180 after all the posts begging him to come in hopes that he's reading the forum
MNPanthers
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BEARZ77 » August 26th, 2019, 2:29 pm

MNPanthers wrote:
veeny009 wrote:To be fair, saying "your board" referring to the opinions of Drake Nation, is essentially referring to the opinions of 2-3 outspoken posters. Not very representative (nor is any message board really, but Drake's probably even moreso)

Yeaaa, but it's still hilarious to see them do a total 180 after all the posts begging him to come in hopes that he's reading the forum

Let's be honest; go to any teams home fan board and you're gonna see a lot of posts that you wouldn't see on a more general board like this. I pretty much read every board in the Valley, and I never comment because I feel those are "family" discussions , but believe me if you wanted to bring stuff here to make fun of, there's no shortage on any board. I think if you choose to do so, then you open up a lot of opportunity for other fan bases to take you to task on everything on your own board, which won't be pretty, especially in retrospect . I think if you bring something to the MVC board then it's fair game, but dissing other MVC fan bases for what they say on their own board, I just wouldn't go there. jmo
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » August 26th, 2019, 2:51 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:Let's be honest; go to any teams home fan board and you're gonna see a lot of posts that you wouldn't see on a more general board like this. I pretty much read every board in the Valley, and I never comment because I feel those are "family" discussions , but believe me if you wanted to bring stuff here to make fun of, there's no shortage on any board. I think if you choose to do so, then you open up a lot of opportunity for other fan bases to take you to task on everything on your own board, which won't be pretty, especially in retrospect . I think if you bring something to the MVC board then it's fair game, but dissing other MVC fan bases for what they say on their own board, I just wouldn't go there. jmo

Love this and totally agree. "Family discussions" is both true and hilarious.

Not trying to troll. But is there anything that sets him so high above the rest? I'm just a little hesitant because I feel like this is similar to the hype we heard about Juwan McCloud. Although at least Born won't have the pressure to produce immediately like McCloud did (given that he can play with/behind Green and Pickford).
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » August 26th, 2019, 3:03 pm

Blers wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:Let's be honest; go to any teams home fan board and you're gonna see a lot of posts that you wouldn't see on a more general board like this. I pretty much read every board in the Valley, and I never comment because I feel those are "family" discussions , but believe me if you wanted to bring stuff here to make fun of, there's no shortage on any board. I think if you choose to do so, then you open up a lot of opportunity for other fan bases to take you to task on everything on your own board, which won't be pretty, especially in retrospect . I think if you bring something to the MVC board then it's fair game, but dissing other MVC fan bases for what they say on their own board, I just wouldn't go there. jmo

Love this and totally agree. "Family discussions" is both true and hilarious.

Not trying to troll. But is there anything that sets him so high above the rest? I'm just a little hesitant because I feel like this is similar to the hype we heard about Juwan McCloud. Although at least Born won't have the pressure to produce immediately like McCloud did (given that he can play with/behind Green and Pickford).

Better scorer, oh and his dad isn't a giant delusional asshole and I'm guessing his brother won't continuously call out Jake on Twitter.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting