Loyola Commitment-3 Star Guard Baylor Hebb

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » September 9th, 2019, 12:02 pm

Loyola received a verbal commitment from 6-1 shooting guard Baylor Hebb out of Texas. Hebb currently ranks as the 38th shooting/combo guard in the upcoming class. Received offers from everyone under the sun including DePaul, SLU, Colorado State, GCU, Drake, SFA, Tulsa, and more. Also was scheduled to have a visit to Colorado University this weekend before committing after his visit (Rivals also notes he had a Baylor offer, but I think that’s just in place of “interest”).

Honestly you could probably copy and paste UNI fans Bowen Born description for Hebb (baby face and all), just add a few inches. High level offensive player with great handles, natural scorer at all 3 levels and great off the dribble; his pull up is reaaaaaaally nice. Was just starting to blow up after having a really great summer, lacked a bit of exposure not playing on the Nike circuit, but has beaten top competition when faced with it (his squad beat a loaded Texas Titans team). Will absolutely have to bulk up some, but I love the addition of a microwave player on offense.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Loyola Commitment-3 Star Guard Baylor Hebb

Postby BCPanther » September 9th, 2019, 1:19 pm

That's a really nice get for Loyola. I really like that kid's game. Going to be a VERY nice player in the Valley.

Talent level seems to be trending upward in every league city that doesn't contain a federal prison...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 9th, 2019, 5:34 pm

BCPanther wrote:That's a really nice get for Loyola. I really like that kid's game. Going to be a VERY nice player in the Valley.

Talent level seems to be trending upward in every league city that doesn't contain a federal prison...

Not sure what that comment was intended towards, but I'll take our talent anyday.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » September 9th, 2019, 5:55 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:That's a really nice get for Loyola. I really like that kid's game. Going to be a VERY nice player in the Valley.

Not sure what that comment was intended towards, but I'll take our talent anyday.

There's a maximum security federal prison in Terre Haute, I thought that was common knowledge. I.e. everybody seems to be accumulating better talent except for the Trees.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 9th, 2019, 6:25 pm

BCPanther wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:

There's a maximum security federal prison in Terre Haute, I thought that was common knowledge. I.e. everybody seems to be accumulating better talent except for the Trees.

Springfield is home to the Federal Medical Prison; has housed criminals like John Gotti and such for periods of their prison terms.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » September 9th, 2019, 7:46 pm

The more you know.

Anyway. Good get Blers.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » September 10th, 2019, 11:12 am

BCPanther wrote:
BEARZ77 wrote:

FWIW Ive seen people all over Indiana rave about Sycs freshman Jake Laravia.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jackwagon » September 11th, 2019, 9:14 am

Not many Sycamore fans post here. It does seem like there is a buzz around their current freshman crop. That along with Key and Neese is a good foundation. Big thing is will they still be around if Lansing gets the boot?
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » September 11th, 2019, 9:24 am

jackwagon wrote:Not many Sycamore fans post here. It does seem like there is a buzz around their current freshman crop. That along with Key and Neese is a good foundation. Big thing is will they still be around if Lansing gets the boot?

There is buzz around every teams freshmen and recruits. That's how fandom works :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Blers » September 12th, 2019, 9:52 am

Indiana State definitely has the talent to be really good if everyone is clicking at once. That just seems to be a problem historically for them. Barnes was so rough last year.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting