BEARS ADD ANOTHER

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

BEARS ADD ANOTHER

Postby BEARZ77 » April 9th, 2020, 7:52 am

Capping off a really active day Wednesday, the Bears added 6'6 juco wing, Keaton Hervey from New Mexico JC to the roster. Hervey had offers from Arkansas St and Drake among others. Originally a 3 star prospect out of HS in Texas, Hervey signed and played with local D-1 Incarnate word and averaged 8 ppg as a freshman there. He redshirted as a soph , then transferred to NMJC where this past year he averaged 15.7ppg,5.4 rbs, on
47%fg, 43% 3pt, 75% ft. Rated the #63 juco, a local recruiting guy I know said he thought Hervey was underrated . He described him as a "serious dude" who's effort added another dimension to an impressive offensive skill set. On tape, Hervey reminded me of a bit longer Keandre Cook, very athletic, can shoot the trey and get to the rim.

Bears have 2 more scholys open, however, won't surprise me if they sit on one with only one senior [Prim] on next years roster. They seem focused on a couple HS power forwards for one of the open spots, but many of our signings tend to come from sources we aren't always aware of. Hervey however, was someone we had been pursuing more openly. While there are obviously a lot of moving parts on this Bears roster, and we've all seen this act before with a long, athletic, team from Ford, this group feels different with a number of guys picked for filling needs /roles instead of a "grab bag " of talent and then trying to fit them into roles. But it is again,a pretty deep, very long, athletic roster. Right now we go 6'3,6'4, 6'6,6'6,6'6,6'6,6'8, 6'8, 6'10,6'11,7'0.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

BEARS ADD ANOTHER

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BEARS ADD ANOTHER

Postby jackwagon » April 11th, 2020, 6:48 am

Don't see it listed on here but Indiana State has added 2 grad transfers that averaged double figures at their last spots. seems notable
jackwagon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » April 11th, 2020, 7:45 am

Why are you burying that in a thread on a Bear's recruit instead of a new thread with the info, since it's "notable", which I agree it is.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Birdfan2018 » April 11th, 2020, 11:11 am

BEARZ77 wrote:Why are you burying that in a thread on a Bear's recruit instead of a new thread with the info, since it's "notable", which I agree it is.

Why don’t we have just one thread per school, instead of multiple threads for the same school??
Bradley?
Missouri State?
Birdfan2018
MVC starter
MVC starter

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting