Salukis get first 2021 commitment

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Salukis get first 2021 commitment

Postby BCPanther » September 29th, 2021, 9:54 am

Drakey wrote:
saluki bob wrote:Color me extremely disappointed that Mullins and Co. have failed to land anyone for '22. I am far from patient so this is really bothering me.

Four Valley teams have 2022 commitments. I think it is getting harder and harder for mid-majors to get early commits because everybody thinks the most important thing is to get into a power 5 conference and they don't want to commit to early for fear of ruining their NBA career.

You've also got the extra year for everybody playing a part as you sort out who's coming back and who's going.

The 2022 and 2023 kids are really getting screwed by it.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DUBulldog » September 29th, 2021, 3:05 pm

Drakey wrote:
saluki bob wrote:Color me extremely disappointed that Mullins and Co. have failed to land anyone for '22. I am far from patient so this is really bothering me.

Four Valley teams have 2022 commitments. I think it is getting harder and harder for mid-majors to get early commits because everybody thinks the most important thing is to get into a power 5 conference and they don't want to commit to early for fear of ruining their NBA career.

In this changing landscape of college basketball, mid-majors are spending time and money recruiting and developing players, only to have those players poached by P5 schools after a couple of years. So, mid-majors are looking more and more to the transfer market, both juco and D1 transfers. And that happens in the spring.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Dawgbit » October 25th, 2021, 3:47 am

Now Bob, we all must be patient. It paid off in a "big" way for Saluki fans a week ago, did it not?!
Dawgbit
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby saluki bob » October 30th, 2021, 7:44 am

Ya, that 1 ounce of patience that I had left really did pay off in a BIG way!!! :D
saluki bob
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Previous

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting