Ramblers land Max Preps All-American

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby Blers » April 15th, 2021, 1:01 pm

Really exciting commitment for the Ramblers who landed 6’7 wing Saint Thomas. Thomas was the Player of the Year for the State of Nebraska as well as a Max Preps Second Team All American. He played for Millard North alongside Gonzaga commit Hunter Ellis. He also entered the year a bit under the radar as a late bloomer who didn’t reach varsity until his junior year, but was able to score 1000 points during that span.

Loyola had been recruiting him for about a year and he was offered the day Porter took the Oklahoma job (and Blue Valley Northwest’s Alston Mast with him). Pretty excited about this get, Thomas is a state champion and had offers from VCU, Mississippi State, TCU, Richmond, Virginia Tech, Wofford, Murray State and more… but with the rule allowing seniors to return his recruitment hit a reset over the summer (where he also didn't have the benefit of AAU).

He can do a bit of everything and averaged 21ppg, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and was highly efficient (57% from the field, 45% from 3)… Couple this with TY Johnson, Ben Schweiger, and our two ivy league transfers maintaining their commitments, hard not to be really excited about next year, regardless of what our seniors decide.
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Ramblers land Max Preps All-American

Postby LMS » April 20th, 2021, 12:50 pm

Yes and no. For the record, I was hoping he would end up at Creighton. He even said publicly that CU was his “dream school”, but he never got a Creighton or Nebraska offer. He was maybe the third best player in Nebraska behind Sallis (McD AA going to Gonzaga) and Hepburn (PG going to Wisconsin), and no one knows how MaxPreps made him POY but that’s irrelevant.

A lot of Jays fans cheer for Loyola because of the Moser connection and I imagine will continue to because of Saint Thomas who seems to be very well liked around town.
LMS
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Blers » April 22nd, 2021, 12:56 pm

LMS wrote:Yes and no. For the record, I was hoping he would end up at Creighton. He even said publicly that CU was his “dream school”, but he never got a Creighton or Nebraska offer. He was maybe the third best player in Nebraska behind Sallis (McD AA going to Gonzaga) and Hepburn (PG going to Wisconsin), and no one knows how MaxPreps made him POY but that’s irrelevant.

A lot of Jays fans cheer for Loyola because of the Moser connection and I imagine will continue to because of Saint Thomas who seems to be very well liked around town.

What parts yes and what parts no? hahahahaha
Blers
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ColonialBulldog » April 22nd, 2021, 4:20 pm

Saint was on Tucker DeVries' AAU team (along with Gonzaga bound Hunter Sallis). Even though I was always focused on Tucker in those games it was impossible to ignore how great Saint was. Just a really great player. Both he and Tucker were more impressive than Hunter Sallis (a player with absolutely nothing to prove) in those summer games.
ColonialBulldog
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting