Bulldogs pick up UNO transfer

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Postby DUBulldog » April 22nd, 2021, 11:53 am

Ako Akinwole, 6'0" guard. Averaged 13 ppg, shot 50% from the field, 45% from 3 and 87% from the line. Averaged over 20 ppg in their last nine games.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bulldogs pick up UNO transfer

Postby Majik45 » April 22nd, 2021, 1:13 pm

Devries is turning Drake into a monster. Good get for them.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DUBulldog » April 22nd, 2021, 2:52 pm

I imagine they'll plug him into Yesufu's role of instant offense off the bench.

His year and Yesufu's were incredibly similar, right down to they way they both just had a huge increase in scoring over their last 9 games. Akinwole had better shooting stats, but against lesser competition. And, I know he can't be as athletic as Yesufu.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby siudawgs » April 22nd, 2021, 6:59 pm

Seems like a good fit.

So, who comes off the bench among: Penn, Wilkins, Hemphill, Murphy, Brodie, DeVries?

And then you have guys like this Omaha transfer, Sturtz and Samake for depth.

Pretty nice.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby tribecalledquest » April 22nd, 2021, 7:34 pm

DUBulldog wrote:I imagine they'll plug him into Yesufu's role of instant offense off the bench.

His year and Yesufu's were incredibly similar, right down to they way they both just had a huge increase in scoring over their last 9 games. Akinwole had better shooting stats, but against lesser competition. And, I know he can't be as athletic as Yesufu.

He's not near the player Yesefu is. I think he is a good 6th/7th man type for Drake. Will help them win for sure.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kyle_Saluki_17 » April 26th, 2021, 7:29 am

tribecalledquest wrote:
DUBulldog wrote:I imagine they'll plug him into Yesufu's role of instant offense off the bench.

He's not near the player Yesefu is. I think he is a good 6th/7th man type for Drake. Will help them win for sure.

Don't forget they also have Tucker Devries coming in. While just a freshman, I have a hard time believing a 4 star player won't have a positive impact for a Valley team.
Kyle_Saluki_17
All MVC
All MVC

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting