Bears add 6'8 juco

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Bears add 6'8 juco

Postby BEARZ77 » April 22nd, 2022, 11:39 am

As I noted yesterday, Ford not done tinkering. Bears get a commit from 6'8 juco Jonathan Mogbo, the # 31 ranked juco from NE Oklahoma A&M. Can play all over the court , is long, athletic, averaged 14ppg 10, rbs, and shot 35 % from trey line. Insurance against potential loss of Mosley and more frontcourt depth in case a few of the frosh aren't ready. Really like this guy, a bit like a 3-4 inch bigger Keandre Cook. I think Bears still add a veteran pg , but maybe not after getting Mayo yesterday.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Bears add 6'8 juco

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bears add 6'8 juco

Postby tribecalledquest » April 22nd, 2022, 12:12 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:As I noted yesterday, Ford not done tinkering. Bears get a commit from 6'8 juco Jonathan Mogbo, the # 31 ranked juco from NE Oklahoma A&M. Can play all over the court , is long, athletic, averaged 14ppg 10, rbs, and shot 35 % from trey line. Insurance against potential loss of Mosley and more frontcourt depth in case a few of the frosh aren't ready. Really like this guy, a bit like a 3-4 inch bigger Keandre Cook. I think Bears still add a veteran pg , but maybe not after getting Mayo yesterday.

Does MSU have like 20 scholarships? :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 22nd, 2022, 12:42 pm

We're 2 over now counting Mosley; hate to speculate on who, but we certainly have a couple guys more likely to be the ones left w/o a scholy. But, I don't think we're done; reports are we have visits coming from a pair of D-1 transfer guards and I think it's likely we sign one. So that would mean 3 to be let go, or 2 and Mosley doesn't make it back. The 2 guards slated are Albany's 6'4 Jamel Horton who was the American East DPOY and averaged about 12 ppg, and 6'2 Alston Mason, a Kansas City kid, former 3 star who played his freshman year at Oklahoma last year. Alston is more the pg type we could use , but again the Mayo signing might have made us more flexible here. Horton fits the profile of what Ford has been trying to do roster wise, lot of interchangeable length.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » April 22nd, 2022, 5:43 pm

Back to Mogbo, a guy I know who does alot of analyzing juco recruits notes he sees a lot of similarities in Mogbo and Alize Johnson. Similar height, frame, both very good with the ball in their hands in open court , both very good out of space rebounders, both ok but not great perimeter shots . Not saying he's an Alize, but once he made the comparison I see the similarities, although Mogbo is a more explosive athlete, but few have Alize's nose for the ball and desire off the boards , Rodman like.
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting