UNI 2022-PG Ege Peksari

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

UNI 2022-PG Ege Peksari

Postby BCPanther » June 13th, 2022, 1:23 pm

UNI just got a commitment from PG Ege Peksari who will enroll this fall.

6-5 195 from Turkey. Has played in the U20 Euro League for for Tofas Bursa the past two years and averaged 10 pts, 5 reb, 4 asts two years ago. Appears to be a long, defensive minded guard with a ways to go in shooting the ball.

This is WAY outside the norm for UNI recruiting and we're seeing more and more international kids getting interest as well as Michigan/Ohio/Pennsylvania and it's pretty much all Seth Tuttle from all indications. Getting outside of Iowa and Minnesota is probably a good thing but it's sure a change.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

UNI 2022-PG Ege Peksari

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UNI 2022-PG Ege Peksari

Postby BEARZ77 » June 13th, 2022, 2:28 pm

BCPanther wrote:UNI just got a commitment from PG Ege Peksari who will enroll this fall.

6-5 195 from Turkey. Has played in the U20 Euro League for for Tofas Bursa the past two years and averaged 10 pts, 5 reb, 4 asts two years ago. Appears to be a long, defensive minded guard with a ways to go in shooting the ball.

This is WAY outside the norm for UNI recruiting and we're seeing more and more international kids getting interest as well as Michigan/Ohio/Pennsylvania and it's pretty much all Seth Tuttle from all indications. Getting outside of Iowa and Minnesota is probably a good thing but it's sure a change.

I would think European style players would translate well to Jake's system if they have the requisite d-1 athleticism/size etc.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: UNI 2022-PG Ege Peksari

Postby BCPanther » June 13th, 2022, 6:02 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:UNI just got a commitment from PG Ege Peksari who will enroll this fall.

I would think European style players would translate well to Jake's system if they have the requisite d-1 athleticism/size etc.

I'd agree with you. The offense is straight out of the Euro Leagues and after Phyfe there doesn't appear to be any emphasis on getting a traditional big on the roster.

I think we're fully into Jake 3.0 and it's being strongly influenced by Seth Tuttle.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting