Avery Dingman - Creighton and Missouri State

A place to discuss tomorrow's MVC stars.

Re: Avery Dingman - Creighton and Missouri State

Postby LJay » August 24th, 2010, 6:07 pm

PricklyPete wrote:Avery Dingman a 6'6 guard from Branson MO will decide between Creighton and Missouri State. Would be surprised to see him leave his backyard for another conference team. Probably a must get for Cuonzo.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/sports_f ... 03286.html

Nothing there saying CU versus the school formerly known as SMS but there is a story elsewhere stating that he is down to these two.

Perrault drives me crazy but he has access to the coaching staff and CU fans are getting more recruiting info in this one summer than they got in Altman's entire 16 years. The Jays have 5 openings so they are casting a large net and we are discovering which kids are coming and on what weekends. This is pretty heady stuff for recruiting wonks (like me).

Coach Lutz is mining Texas where he is from pitting CU and WSU to a great degree for the first time (different recruiting areas for the most part under Altman). Coach Merfeld is hitting Chicago east all the way to Ohio. This is virgin territory for the Jays since I don't know when. Choach Lutz also has CU in Cali for a few kids...31 listed at Rivals recently although 4 or 5 of those are committed elsewhere so maybe 25 kids for the 5 spots?

We'll see if they can close the deal.
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Dingman

Postby SubGod22 » August 31st, 2010, 10:27 pm

He's a 6'4" SF/SG from Branson, MO. Appears to be a heck of a shooter. Offers I know of were Central Michigan, Creighton, Northern Colorado, Missouri State and TCU.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Re: Dingman

Postby OkoboJay » August 31st, 2010, 10:33 pm

OkoboJay
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MacGuyver » September 1st, 2010, 8:56 am

Good grab by the Creighton staff. C-Mart and his staff miss out again. Bear fan getting nervous
MacGuyver
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby catkids » September 1st, 2010, 10:35 am

MacGuyver wrote:Good grab by the Creighton staff. C-Mart and his staff miss out again. Bear fan getting nervous

You think your getting nervous, we here in BU land couldn't even fill our last schollie from last year let alone get a committment from anyone for next year.Not looking good for JL.
catkids
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby 45otseoj » September 1st, 2010, 7:57 pm

catkids wrote:
MacGuyver wrote:Good grab by the Creighton staff. C-Mart and his staff miss out again. Bear fan getting nervous

You think your getting nervous, we here in BU land couldn't even fill our last schollie from last year let alone get a committment from anyone for next year.Not looking good for JL.

False. Donovine Stewart? Sean Harris?
IlStU
45otseoj
All MVC
All MVC

Postby LJay » January 15th, 2011, 8:19 am

I was wondering if anybody in the Branson area had seen Avery play yet this season. Eric Bossi was down there a couple days ago and gushed about him on Twitter and wrote up a story on the tourney below that said he was about the best player at the event that included signees for Virginia, Tennesee, Arizona, Illinois and Purdue.
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1176511
LJay
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MSUDuo » January 15th, 2011, 11:00 pm

He is going to be a very fine player for CU. Not sure where all the hate that some Bears fans have for him comes from since we knew he wasn't wanting to stick around home but I for one am not looking forward to having to deal with him the next 4 years.

Personally, from the few games I caught at the Tournament of Champions, I thought Brogdon, from Greater Atlanta Christian, who is headed to Virginia, was the best player I saw. I did not get to see every team play so I obviously missed some players.
MSUDuo
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Return to MVC Basketball Recruiting