NDSU vs UNI

A place to discuss MVFC, college and NFL football

NDSU vs UNI

Postby Lakesbison » September 8th, 2010, 12:51 am

Its about that time, for NDSU to lay the smack down on the uni kitty kats.

Should be a great game, if anyones around, we hitting downtown CF friday night and then tailgate will be starting about noon on saturday for the 6pm game. its on statewide TV in iowa and north dakota/minnesota, so check it out.

NDSU 21
UNI 13
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

NDSU vs UNI

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NDSU vs UNI

Postby Theee Catrabbit » September 8th, 2010, 8:15 am

From the CSN. I think this one is close, UNI shakes some cobwebs off and doesn't look too crisp, lots of turnovers here. NDSU: 17 UNI: 10:

North Dakota State (1-0, 0-0) @ Northern Iowa (0-0, 0-0)
So far, Northern Iowa has had the Bison’s number in the two prior MVFC meetings. And I am sure the Kansas win by NDSU this week will have the Panthers and their coaching staff’s attention — in particular, the defense.

This is the season opener for the Panthers after finishing the 2009 season at 7-4 and narrowly missing the playoffs. UNI finished the 2009 season poorly — losing three of its last four contests. UNI also will be breaking in a new quarterback after the graduation of Pat Grace. Two juniors, part-time starter Zach Davis or junior college transfer Tirrell Rennie, are competing for the spot.

The quarterback is not the only position that will see a new starter. In fact, just nine starters overall are returning for the Panthers with six on defense.

The Bison also have several new starters this season. NDSU has eight true freshmen and eight redshirt freshmen on the two-deep.

But NDSU has a game behind it now. Especially for a young team, most of the improvements are made from game one to game two.

I see this game coming down to turnovers and field position in a defensive battle. I think the game will produce more than the nine total points in NDSU’s victory last Saturday, but not by too much.

This game is in Cedar Falls and it seems that UNI has NDSU’s number (two wins in their short DI history of the rivalry). Plus, NDSU is coming off its big FBS win. I will take UNI by a field goal. UNI 16, NDSU 13.
Theee Catrabbit
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby valleychamp » September 8th, 2010, 12:15 pm

MVJ will have his full attention on this one.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 1:20 pm

valleychamp wrote:MVJ will have his full attention on this one.

I am strangely interested. If UNI gets beat, I'll smile knowing that you are suffering a fate worse than bamboo fingernail torture. How can anyone not like that outcome. On the other hand, should UNI prevail, lakesbison will crawl under a rock. And when Iowa State loses.... What's not to like?

If you want a game that really compares the "haves" vs. the "have nots" we have one this weekend. Kansas State is playing Missouri State. Kansas State is really a have not in the BCS, but still considered a have because of conference affiliation. Missouri State is considered a have not because of their affiliation with 1-AA football. Still Missouri State is an up in comer in the toughest 1-AA conference, while Kansas State is a weakling in a mediocre BCS conference. It should be a fair test between haves and have nots. This is the game I will be watching.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » September 8th, 2010, 2:20 pm

Missouri St is not a good football team.

I would keep an eye on the SIU/Illinois game. SIU may just win that one.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 3:33 pm

valleychamp wrote:Missouri St is not a good football team.

I would keep an eye on the SIU/Illinois game. SIU may just win that one.

Lets' see, a really good 1-AA team against a horrible BCS team. SIU could possibly win the 1-AA NC vs. an Illinois squad that just might be the worst team in the Big 10, yeah, I could see it happening.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » September 8th, 2010, 3:44 pm

I wish this was on TV around here. I'd like to start following a bit of FCS, but it seems like it's hardly on TV.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 3:51 pm

AndShock wrote:I wish this was on TV around here. I'd like to start following a bit of FCS, but it seems like it's hardly on TV.

You won't find the Indiana - Minnesota game on TV, either.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby JayJ79 » September 8th, 2010, 5:12 pm

MoValley John wrote:
AndShock wrote:I wish this was on TV around here. I'd like to start following a bit of FCS, but it seems like it's hardly on TV.

perhaps not nationally, but I'm sure BTN would regionalize it, and then replay it throughout the week like very other Big Ten game.
JayJ79
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoValley John » September 8th, 2010, 5:39 pm

JayJ79 wrote:
MoValley John wrote:

perhaps not nationally, but I'm sure BTN would regionalize it, and then replay it throughout the week like very other Big Ten game.

When the Missouri Valley Football Conference gets its own tv network, then the game will be on all week, too. That said, no network outside of the Big 10 Network is going to pick up Indiana- Minnesota as a game of any interest. Could you imagine doofus Brent Musburger trying to hype that pig? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just demonstrating that bad football is played on all levels.
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to College and NFL Football